ET CAM? Where is it.

Old September 13th 03, 01:15 PM
Julian Bordas

Default ET CAM? Where is it.

I'e been looking on the NASA web site for "ET Cam" I haven't found it.
Where is it hidden?

TIA

Julian

Old September 13th 03, 05:20 PM
Brian Thorn

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:15:39 +1000, Julian Bordas
wrote:

I'e been looking on the NASA web site for "ET Cam" I haven't found it.
Where is it hidden?

NASA's official site seems to be gone, possibly because of post-107
restructuring. But here are a few good sources...

http://www1.msfc.nasa.gov/NEWSROOM/n...02/02-234.html
http://www.interspacenews.net/sts-11...%20jorunal.htm
http://www.interspacenews.net/what_i...20ET%20cam.htm

Brian

Old September 13th 03, 06:26 PM
Dan Foster

wrote:

I'e been looking on the NASA web site for "ET Cam" I haven't found it.
Where is it hidden?

NASA's official site seems to be gone, possibly because of post-107
restructuring. But here are a few good sources...

http://www1.msfc.nasa.gov/NEWSROOM/n...02/02-234.html
http://www.interspacenews.net/sts-11...%20jorunal.htm
http://www.interspacenews.net/what_i...20ET%20cam.htm

....or you could go to the ET Cam manufacturer's web site which has the
STS-112 footage although it's split up in two parts. Offered in both
QuickTime and MPEG formats.

The bonus is, you get to see 15 other launches (of various rockets) where
the camera flew. Pretty nifty stuff. It's just *unreal* to see how fast the
unmanned rockets zip through the atmosphere, not having wings or an human
payload to worry about. :-)

http://www.eclipticenterprises.com/g...ocketcam.shtml

-Dan
Old September 13th 03, 06:28 PM
Terrence Daniels

"Julian Bordas" wrote in
message ...
I'e been looking on the NASA web site for "ET Cam" I haven't found it.
Where is it hidden?

What specific information are you looking for?

Pictures of the installation are at the following link. Select "STS-112"
from the first drop-down list marked "Space Shuttle" and on results page 6
there are a couple of photos of the camera installation on the ET:

http://mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov/index.cfm

Here's the video gallery from the people that make the camera:

http://www.eclipticenterprises.com/g...ocketcam.shtml

And finally, some details about the STS-112 camera and forthcoming
Return-to-Flight plans are in recent RTF-related news items. On page 74 of
the Full Report (15 MB .PDF file) there is a diagram of past and (possible)
future camera locations:

http://www.nasa.gov/news/highlights/...an_092003.html

Hope this helps.

Old September 14th 03, 02:40 AM
Julian Bordas

wrote:

[...]

Thanks that paydirt!!

Julian

Old September 14th 03, 04:43 PM
Brian Thorn

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:26:06 +0000 (UTC), Dan Foster
wrote:

...or you could go to the ET Cam manufacturer's web site which has the
STS-112 footage although it's split up in two parts. Offered in both
QuickTime and MPEG formats.

The bonus is, you get to see 15 other launches (of various rockets) where
the camera flew. Pretty nifty stuff. It's just *unreal* to see how fast the
unmanned rockets zip through the atmosphere, not having wings or an human
payload to worry about. :-)

http://www.eclipticenterprises.com/g...ocketcam.shtml

Holy Mackeral, Batman! That's a great site, thanks!

Brian