Berndt's Butchery

Old August 25th 03, 07:40 PM
John Maxson

Default Berndt's Butchery

From: Jon Berndt )
Subject: Challenger Conspiracy: Stonewalling at NASA's FOIA
Offices - Part 1, JSC
Newsgroups: sci.space.shuttle, sci.space.history, sci.space.policy,
alt.conspiracy
Date: 2001-08-20 12:05:03 PST

I forwarded JTM's long letter to Stella Luna at JSC. Perhaps she will
have something to say.

"John Maxson"
wrote in message

INTRODUCTION

Considering ... what I already know ... I ... is guilty of withholding
evidence and thereby obstructing justice.

This 'JSC' post ... will discuss my ... abuse. ...Also, it has been the
most difficult for me to understand ... a 'conspiracy.'
John Maxson - www.mission51l.com

Here's what I actually posted: http://tinyurl.com/l4we
Does anybody recognize it, after Berndt's mutilation?
What did she have to say for herself, Berndt? It's been
more than two years now.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 25th 03, 07:49 PM
John Maxson

John Maxson wrote
in message ...

Here's what I actually posted: http://tinyurl.com/l4we .

I'm sorry; here is a more direct link: http://tinyurl.com/l4yy .

Old August 25th 03, 11:19 PM
Scott M. Kozel

From: Jon Berndt )
Offices - Part 1, JSC
Newsgroups: sci.space.shuttle, sci.space.history, sci.space.policy,
alt.conspiracy
Date: 2001-08-20 12:05:03 PST

What kind of ignoramus pulls up dozens of 2+ year old posts from Google,
to taunt the poster about?
Old August 26th 03, 12:27 AM
Jon Berndt

Default Berndt Butchers John Maxson's SRB crossing fabrication

Refer to this image of a plot of both the right and left hand SRB rock and
tilt actuator positions just prior to the disintegration of the 51-L stack:
http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v3n44.htm. The four traces on the plot are
identified as:

RSRB
Rock: B58H2150C, 25Hz, +5.0, -5.2 Deg
Tilt: B58H2151C, 25Hz, -5.0, +5.2 Deg

LSRB
Rock: B58H1150C, 25Hz, -5.0, +5.2 Deg
Tilt: B58H1151C, 25Hz, +5.0, -5.2 Deg

The fact that both SRBs had their nozzles canted slightly inward and
oriented towards arresting a positive roll rate**, when they were
"liberated" from the ET of course their tail ends were rotated slightly
towards each other. This moved the SRBs so that they appeared to form a "V"
from certain vantage points [this has been incorrectly - and seemingly
ineptly - misinterpreted to imply that the SRBs "crossed" in the nearly
useless "Castglance" movie and in the B&W tracking movie from which some of
the stills on Mr. Maxson's home page are extracted from]. The nozzle
orientation on each of them also assured that the left SRB took a lower path
and the right SRB rotated towards a higher path (which caused many of the
pieces to travel farther downrange, as John Maxson pointed out a few days
ago). The nozzles would have moved back to their null positions relatively
quickly.

[**To arrest the positive roll rate the orbiter had just prior to the
disintegration - and remembering that the orbiter was heads down as they
ascended towards orbit - the left SRB had its nozzle oriented so that left
SRB *plume* was directed more towards the ocean, more "downward", and so it
was forcing the left wing more upward towards the sky. The right SRB had
broken loose from it's lower aft attachment and had pivoted about a new
hinge line between the forward attachment and the remaining aft upper
attachment (closest to the orbiter). In other words, due to its new
orientation, it was already providing a positive rolling moment. The right
SRB nozzle also (as expected) moved so as to arrest the right roll. The
right SRB nozzle was oriented so as to push the tail end of the right SRB
more towards the wing, and also force the SRB tail end inward slightly.]

The nozzle positions were therefore oriented so as to absolutely preclude
the possibility of an SRB crossing. Another piece of evidence we have that
precludes a crossing even more solidly is the breach in the right SRB seen
before and after the disintegration. The PC report goes into detail on how
the breach location was pinpointed on the right SRB. The discussion is
presented in Appendix N of Volume 2 of the PC report.

Here's an excerpt from appendix N

--- start ---

(22) Continuous Well-Defined Plume on the Right SRB in + Z. - Y Coordinates
Mission elapsed time: 59.262
Source: Camera E207

The flame became a continuous well-defined plume at 59.262 seconds MET,
although it continued to vary in intensity as shown in figure 52. The CAD
drawing gives the approximate location of the flame source.

Several image analysis techniques were employed to ascertain the origin of
the plume on the right SRB. Figure 53 shows a frame from camera E207 at
59.487 seconds MET with CAD overlay. Figure 54 shows a frame from camera
E-216 at 59.507 seconds MET registered with the appropriate CAD drawing. The
flame origin was estimated to be at 45 degrees ( + or - 10 degrees) from the
+ Z axis of the right SRB toward the ET and near the aft field joint.

--- end ---

I will add that the movie taken by camera E207 shows the breach plume
presenting itself more clearly and fully as the right SRB breaks loose from
the lower aft attachment and the SRB rolls about its new hinge line -
absolutely positioning the breach origination on the right SRB.

Yet it has been claimed by some (OK, by ONE) that an SRB breach is not
possible because such a breach would cause the SRB to destroy itself almost
immediately. That incorrect bald assertion ;-) was proven incorrect in an
insightful post by Daniel Maxson. Daniel pointed out that after the
disintegration an SRB continued on for several tens of seconds with a breach
plainly visible - and without destroying itself - until it was destroyed by
range safety destruct.

Jon

Old August 26th 03, 09:12 AM
Kent Betts

subj was

Sloppy Reference to 51-L Telemetry

Old August 26th 03, 09:46 AM
Doug Ellison

"John Maxson" wrote:

Oh John will you PLEASE just SHUT UP

Old August 26th 03, 10:16 AM
OM

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:19:23 -0400, "Scott M. Kozel"
wrote:

What kind of ignoramus pulls up dozens of 2+ year old posts from Google,
to taunt the poster about?

....Here's Maxson's philosophy: he somehow thinks that reposting your
win by default. The only problem is that every time he does this, he
pulls up posts that either support your position and/or simply
reiterate what you've already said.

Only a total warp zero would think that sort of tactic had anything
more than a snowball's chance in Hell of working...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 26th 03, 02:47 PM
OM

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:12:04 -0500, "Kent Betts"
wrote:

subj was

Sloppy Reference to 51-L Telemetry

....Prior to that, it was "John Maxson proves he's still a lying
psychotic. Set killfiles accordingly."

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 27th 03, 06:29 AM
Kent Betts

"OM"
...I always preferred him to simply go straight to Hell

I like it when you call him a ****wit..

http://www.geocities.com/kent_betts/bozo73.html

Old August 28th 03, 01:10 PM
Jon Berndt

Default Berndt's Butchery of Maxson's failed SRB crossing fabrication

"Kent Betts" wrote in message

He later replaced that request with a benign comment, and
I just noticed that now the link itself is non-functional:
http://home.houston.rr.com/fancijon/51L_Ascent01.rm

So what.

I decided it wasn't necessary any more - as if it ever was. Regardless, for
the newbies who might be taken in by John Maxson's story line, I have
replaced the video with a paper that is in-work:

http://home.houston.rr.com/fancijon/conspiracy.PDF

Jon