Takin Out the Trash

Old March 28th 07, 06:35 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.math,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.astro
Lester Zick

Default Takin Out the Trash

On 27 Mar 2007 20:16:51 -0700, "PD" wrote:

On Mar 27, 3:03 pm, Ben Newsam wrote:
On 26 Mar 2007 06:45:55 -0700, "PD" wrote:

Well, since it isn't clear to the average reader of his papers,
perhaps you could point out explicity (by quotation) where in
Michelson's papers he uses the Lorentz transforms to quantify his
expectation of fringe shifts?

Aha! This is the point where Lester will claim that the "burden of
proof" is on you to show where the transforms are *not* used. Trying
to explain stuff to Lester is like tap dancing in porridge, isn't it?

I'm not really trying to explain anything to Lester,

Of course not. That's why you keep at it.

just pointing out
that what he says is ridiculous and persistently so.

And remarkable success you've had too.

And he's of
course not interested in explaining or having anything explained.

Of course not.

He's
just interested in the dance.

Shall I lead or will you just follow?

For him, the one that dodges the most
bullets (preferably with balletic twirls and leaps) wins.

Primo ballerino that I am and you're not.

I'm done indulging him with attention-tokens.

Of course you are. Quite remarkable what a debilitating effect short
and highly risible message-reply sequences have on bad philosophy and
worse physics.

Time to return him to
the just-talking-to-myself-to-hear-myself-talk zone.

Oh no! Peedee won't talk to me anymore? Woe is me! Oh, Joe, say it
ain't so! Oh, Rhett, whatevah will Ah dooo?

Gee, and I just got done explaining this to you. Are you dense,
Lester?

It gets worse. Trust me.

Pretty much all we can do I expect.

~v~~

Takin Out the Trash Lester Zick Astronomy Misc 2 March 28th 07 04:26 AM
Takin Out the Trash Lester Zick Astronomy Misc 8 March 27th 07 02:44 AM
Takin Out the Trash Lester Zick Astronomy Misc 0 March 27th 07 12:41 AM
trash Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 March 25th 07 03:19 PM
space trash Mick Amateur Astronomy 2 September 8th 05 05:03 AM