Global warming on solar planets

Old September 22nd 05, 11:07 PM
Pierre

Default Global warming on solar planets

So, we are now told that Mars is having a bit of global warming. This
at the time when the Sun seems to be behaving in an uncharacteristic
way and providing a late solar minimum 'maximum'.
Any chance that the Earth (closer to the Sun) might be suffering from
the same effects? (OK, I know, greenhouse effect and all)

Pierre MK-UK

Old September 22nd 05, 11:52 PM
Dah_Rainbow_Mob

It's those Solar SUV's causing it all.

Old September 23rd 05, 12:18 AM

Ask Al Gore. He should have the definitive answer.

FC

Old September 23rd 05, 12:58 AM
Sam Wormley

Pierre wrote:
So, we are now told that Mars is having a bit of global warming. This
at the time when the Sun seems to be behaving in an uncharacteristic
way and providing a late solar minimum 'maximum'.
Any chance that the Earth (closer to the Sun) might be suffering from
the same effects? (OK, I know, greenhouse effect and all)

Pierre MK-UK

Actually it's to be expected, the warming of Mars, at least
over the long haul, as the solar out put is continually
increasing as the star ages. In only 500-1000 million years
our planet will be too hot for liquid oceans...

Unless we enlarge our orbit by about a centimeter every
600 years or so to keep pace with the increasing solar output.

Old September 23rd 05, 09:22 AM
Chris.B

Sam said:

" Unless we enlarge our orbit by about a centimeter every
600 years or so to keep pace with the increasing solar output. "

At the present rate of increase in total human mass we should achieve a
gentle escape velocity from the Sun in aproximately..... 40 days and 40
nights.

Taken from George's Big Reel Siense Book (Wot he wrote)

Chris.B ;-)

Old September 23rd 05, 11:20 AM
md

"Pierre" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, we are now told that Mars is having a bit of global warming. This
at the time when the Sun seems to be behaving in an uncharacteristic
way and providing a late solar minimum 'maximum'.
Any chance that the Earth (closer to the Sun) might be suffering from
the same effects? (OK, I know, greenhouse effect and all)

Pierre MK-UK

I do not take the suggestion of "global warming" on mars too seriously. They only have a few
years of data, no statements about climate change can be based on just a few years of data.
--
Martijn (astro-at-pff-software.nl)
10" LX200GPS-SMT

Old September 23rd 05, 11:39 AM
Robert Geake

"Pierre" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, we are now told that Mars is having a bit of global warming. This
at the time when the Sun seems to be behaving in an uncharacteristic
way and providing a late solar minimum 'maximum'.
Any chance that the Earth (closer to the Sun) might be suffering from
the same effects? (OK, I know, greenhouse effect and all)

Pierre MK-UK

Global warming / greenhouse effect is a farce created by over qualified
scientists that could not find a job. They invented it so they can claim
huge grants for research into a phenomenon that is purely natural! Think
about the CO2 emmited by a single volcano in a single year, then think about
how many active volcanoes there are on the face of the Earth! Is there any
REAL proof that it is?

Couple to that the fact that we are just at the end of an ice age and what
do you get? A return to a similar climate to which the dino's experienced.
45+ degree heat and really high humidity. More upsettingly night after night
of cloudy skies..

To the topic, global warming, in my view, is most likely more related to
solar output and natural phenomenon than human CO2 output...