CFI: Canonical List of Sci-Fi "Real" Astronauts

Old December 4th 04, 12:06 AM
w9gb

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message , OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org writes
...After exchanging a couple of e-mails with Mark Wade over an
addition I think needs to be made to the "Phantom Astronauts" page on
EA, I've suddenly come up with an idea for a "Canonical List" of said
Phantoms.

I think we forgot Mike Mars.
http://www.boggsspace.com/mike_mars!.htm
Mike Mars
The year is 1961. Young boys across the world are looking into the night
sky with awe, for the Russians and the Americans are preparing to launch a
man into space. The Project Mercury astronauts and the Russian cosmonauts
are the new heroes of this young generation.

gb

Old December 5th 04, 06:02 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
How about the astronauts in the movie "Moontrap"?

No! No! Now I need therapy again!

Old December 6th 04, 01:50 PM

From 'Six Million Dollar Man' episodes, a couple of babes who made
Apollo style flights with Steve Austin:-

Major Kelly Wood (played by Farrah Fawcett) in the episode 'Rescue of
Athena One'

Dr Leah Russell (played by Jenny Agutter) in the episode 'Deadly
Countdown'

Old December 6th 04, 08:24 PM

Yes, well worth a look if they come around again.

Storylines are predictably far-fetched, but Deadly Countdown which is
filmed around The Cape has some good shots, and Ms Agutter, in
particular, is very fetching in a real Apollo A7L suit.

Old December 7th 04, 05:18 AM
OM

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:59:46 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Note to self- check out these episodes if Sci-Fi Channel starts SMDM
reruns. Only these episodes. :-)

....Actually, quite a few episodes actually stand out as being worth a
****. Specific ones that come to mind a

"Cyborg" - The pilot film was actually pretty damn good, and the
series would have really been a critical hit had it kept the rather
dark overtones of why Steve got his parts replaced.

"Burning Bright" - Shatner's episode, where he plays the Astronaut -
yeah, another addition to the list, natch - who comes back with his
brain so hyperaccellerated that he can communicate with dolphins.
Probably one of the few roles Shatner's had since TOS that was
actually well played.

"Straight On Till Morning" - Steve has to help the survivors of an
alien science team escape back to space before they cause any more
deaths. Seems their touch is fatal to both human and alien...

"The Last Kamikaze" - Steve has to recover a nuke warhead that's
landed on an island that's home to a Japanese soldier who - you
guessed it - still thinks WWII is being fought. Story was a *lot*
better than it sounds, trust me.

"Stranger in Broken Fork" - Steve crash lands and gets amnesia, and
wanders into a small town leftover from the California twin to
Mayberry RFD, and winds up believing he's a robot when his arm gets
busted and...

"The Bionic Woman" - Lindsay Wagner really made this one work, period.
Had it not been for her portrayal, it's really doubtful that Jamie
Sommers would have been resurrected save for some porno bimbo stealing
the name a decade later.

'The Price of Liberty' - Chuck Connors plays a disgruntled convict
serving time who has to come to terms with what patriotism is all
about when he winds up being the only man who can disarm a bomb
attached to the Liberty Bell. Bicentennial fluff, but still a good
story.

"The Deadly Replay" - Probably my favorite episode. Steve gets to take
the M2F...er...HL-10 up again after it becomes apparent that the crash
was the result of sabotage. Pure Right Stuff, straight from the
Ziggurat!

"The Secret of Bigfoot" - Sue me. I loved the Bigfoot episodes. All
of'em, dammit.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 7th 04, 06:12 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...

"The Secret of Bigfoot" - Sue me. I loved the Bigfoot episodes. All
of'em, dammit.

Cheesy as hell, but hell so was the whole series. Might as well have fun
with them!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Lunar 100 - April S&T phil Amateur Astronomy 39 March 19th 04 12:51 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM