[via Modern Mechanix][Popular Mechanix 01/58] "Forecast: A Sky FullOf Satellites" (?)

Old June 25th 07, 10:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

Default [via Modern Mechanix][Popular Mechanix 01/58] "Forecast: A Sky FullOf Satellites" (?)

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...&Qis=XL# qdig

And, especially check out the foto at the lower right of the page at
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...&Qis=XL# qdig
(http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/...tellites_3.jpg)

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
Mike's Political Cartoons: dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org
Old June 26th 07, 12:58 PM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

mike flugennock wrote:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...&Qis=XL# qdig

And, especially check out the foto at the lower right of the page at
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...&Qis=XL# qdig

(http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/...tellites_3.jpg)

Sorry to respond to myself; it was late, and I lost my place.

Before I did, though, I was about to suggest that the image of the
Vanguard LV supposedly undergoing testing at
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/...tellites_3.jpg
looks as if it's been heavily doctored; check out the hard, sharp almost
razor-cut-appearing edges around the LV. I'm also not quite sure why I'm
only seeing exhaust _behind_ the vehicle; it may just be the way the
flame deflector's aimed and not evidence of anything.

--

..