Message from the STS-114 Commander to the NASA Family

Old March 22nd 05, 09:47 AM
Jacques van Oene

Default Message from the STS-114 Commander to the NASA Family

Message from the STS-114 Commander to the NASA Family

03.22.05

In just a few weeks, Discovery is scheduled to launch from the Kennedy Space
Center.

This is an important event in all our lives, not just the seven people who
will fly aboard Discovery, but also the thousands of you whose work is
making it possible for us to return the Shuttle fleet to space safely.

The past two years have challenged all of us to look closely at the work we
do and ask "How can I do this better?" For me personally, these challenges
have brought renewed strength and commitment -- to my family, friends and
coworkers, and to making sure I do the best possible job I can as Commander
of this mission.

I believe we are all stronger for having met these challenges, and that
collective strength is allowing us to return to flight safely, complete the
International Space Station, and move forward with the Vision for Space
Exploration.

When Discovery lifts off the launch pad, my entire crew knows that we will
carry your hearts and dreams with us. Thank you for your creativity, your
dedication and your commitment.

--

Jacques :-)

www.spacepatches.info