CFI: Canonical List of Sci-Fi "Real" Astronauts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 17th 04, 05:36 AM
OM

Default CFI: Canonical List of Sci-Fi "Real" Astronauts

....After exchanging a couple of e-mails with Mark Wade over an
addition I think needs to be made to the "Phantom Astronauts" page on
EA, I've suddenly come up with an idea for a "Canonical List" of said
Phantoms. However, since most of my time these days is spent at my
60+hour/week job, I've decided to put out a Call For Input here on the
group to see what can be dredged up. Here's the criteria:

1) As we're looking at fictional characters from "real" history, each
Phantom Astronaut must have had his/her/its career rooted in an AH
timeline where history doesn't deviate too drastically. Think how
Baxter's characters in _Voyage_, or Majors Nelson and Healey existed
in a world that wasn't that different from ours. Ergo, Warren "I'm A
Limey Egotistical ****wit!" Ellis' _Ministry Of Space_ characters
wouldn't count, but I would consider the crew of the Scorpio I, and
quite possibly four key members of the Richards Rocket Group.

2) Characters can come from TV, film, books, comics or even the
theater.

3) We're shooting for relatively well to moderately known characters.
The obscure ones we might consider, depending on background.

4) The time frame we're looking at is from 1957 up through whatever
years "The Cape" would have covered (*). Again, as close to OTL as
possible.

(*) Hmm. Must remember to put a request for a posting of that series
up on one of the binary groups :-P

5) Finally, some background about each PA's career should be included,
as well as a link to a photo if available.

....Off the top of my head, here's who come to mind as being
candidates:

Jose Jimenez

"Major Matt Mason"
Major Matt Mason
Sgt. Storm
Lt. Doug Davis

"I Dream Of Jeannie"
Major Anthony Nelson
Major Roger Healey

"The Reluctant Astronaut"
Astro-Janitor Roy Flemming
Major Fred Gifford

"It's About Time!"
Mac (Captain of the Scorpio I)
Hector (Co-Pilot of the Scorpio I)

"Countdown"
Lee Stegler (Pilot of Pilgrim)
Chiz (Stegler's Backup)
Rick (Apollo 3 CMP w/Stegler & Chiz)

"Marooned"
Jim Pruett (Ironman I CDR)
Clayton Stone (Ironman I SCI)
Buzz Lloyd (Ironman I CMP)
Ted Dougherty (Chief Astronaut/XRV Pilot)

Nathaniel Adam (Pre-Crisis Captain Atom)
Col. Steve Austin (Apollo 18 CDR, HL-10 Pilot)
Col. John Jameson (MA-11, saved by Spider-Wimp)

"The Fantastic Four (1961)
Reed Richards
Susan Storm
Johnny Storm
Benjamin Jacob Grimm

"Sol" and his CDR, crew of the mission that went over Gilligan's
Island during the first season
Col. Brice Randolph (The replacement in "The Astronaut")
Capt. Spurgeon 'Fish' Tanner ("Deep Impact")

"Space"
John Pope
Randy Claggett

"Voyage!"
Joe Muldoon
Chuck Jones
Jim Dana
Roger Gershon
Natalie Reed

"Prospero One"
Geoff Lighthill
Roly Gough

The crew at The Cape:
Col. Henry 'Bull' Eckert
Col. Jack Riles

Team Dadaelus:
Dr. Frank Corvin
Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins
Jerry O'Neill
Rev. Tank Sullivan

Maurice Minnifield (Retired and Exposed up North)
Spencer Armacoust (The Astronaut's Wife's Husband)
Captain William "Buck" Rogers (Gil Gerard version)

"Capricorn One"
Col. Charles Brubaker (CDR, Capricorn One)
Cmdr. John Walker (Wide Receiver, Capricorn One)
Lt. Col. Peter Willis (CMP, Capricorn One)

Doctor Ted Nelson (The Incredible Melting Man!)
Col. Jason Grant (Walter Koenig in "Moontrap")

"Salvage One"
Harry Broderick
Skip Carmichael
Melanie Slozar

"Space Camp"
Andie Bergstrom
Cmdr. Zach Bergstrom

"Stoaway to the Moon"
Captain Rick Lawrence
Ben Pelham
Dave Anderson

Neil Stryker ("The Stranger")

"Way, Way Out!"
Pete Mattemore
Igor

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Lunar 100 - April S&T phil Amateur Astronomy 39 March 19th 04 12:51 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM