Another atmospheric disaster

Old May 21st 19, 10:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sylvain[_4_]

Default Another atmospheric disaster

The oxygen level atmosphere decrease because the plastic wast thrown out
into the Oceans, kill the cyanobacteries

https://www.wired.com/story/ocean-plastics-bacteria/

https://newatlas.com/plastic-ocean-p...-oxygen/59688/
Old May 21st 19, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 2:31:40 PM UTC-7, Sylvain wrote:
The oxygen level atmosphere decrease because the plastic wast thrown out
into the Oceans, kill the cyanobacteries

https://www.wired.com/story/ocean-plastics-bacteria/

https://newatlas.com/plastic-ocean-p...-oxygen/59688/

I wondered why I've been gasping for air a lot lately. And here I thought it was just because I was getting old!

Double-A

Old May 22nd 19, 04:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Sylvain" wrote in message ...

The oxygen level atmosphere decrease because the plastic wast thrown out
into the Oceans, kill the cyanobacteries

https://www.wired.com/story/ocean-plastics-bacteria/

https://newatlas.com/plastic-ocean-p...-oxygen/59688/

*** The problem with Oxygen depletion has nothing to do with discarded
plastic. That is an eyesore and the behavior of human pigs.

300 years ago there was a natural balance on Earth. The flora (for my
friends in Rio Linda, that is plant life) absorbs CO2 and expels Oxygen.
The Earth's fauna (for my friends in Rio Linda, that is all things that
breathe air) in turn inhales the Oxygen and exhales CO2. The cycle is
endless and it was in balance. The breathable ceiling at that time was
around 18,000 feet.
Since then humans have expanded to north and south America and began clear
cutting forests for construction timber and farmland. In South America huge
swaths of the most intense Oxygen producing flora, the rain forests, were
decimated. CO2 absorption dropped and the Oxygen generation dropped
proportionally.
The event of the Industrial age required more and more Oxygen to fuel all
the internal combustion engines and later the huge power plants which needed
vast amounts of Oxygen to keep the boilers firing. Add to that the jet
engines, and any kind of industrial production processes, and the decline of
the Oxygen level became apparent when pilots tried to fly above 12,000 feet
without Oxygen masks. The World's population, which 300 years ago hovered
around 1 Billion, is up to 7 Billion, Oxygen inhaling humans, but there
aren't enough forests to process the additional CO2 expelled by said humans.
I am proud to say the the US recognized this and 50 years ago began a
reforestation program, including controlled tree harvesting, which
reestablished our national forests to the levels of the 1800s. Alas, much
of the rest of the World keeps on cutting down primal forests with
unconcerned abandon.
There are only two renewable sources of power that would eliminate much of
the present day Oxygen use by fossil fuel power plants: one is Nuclear power
and the other is Hydro power, which, however, is seasonal and much dependent
on winter snow fall. Nuclear power is very reliable, but half the people
are scared to death of it after the Chernobyl incident, which was cause by
very sloppy and haphazard Russian Engineering practices.

Old May 22nd 19, 12:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
"Sylvain" wrote in message

[...]

Hagar,...for someone that claims to be a republican,.....You sure argue like
a liberal democrap.
Why are you blaming "DA BAD 'OL RUSSKIES" for anything bad that happens ?

I know why the liberals do it. Because the Globalists who fund their
welfare lifestyles hate the Russians.
Because the Russians want no part of the globalist agenda.

But getting back on topic about nuclear, you seem to have forgotten three
mile Island, and more importantly FUKUSHIMA, that is still poisoning the
oceans and killing people every day.
Both of those reactors were US General Electric designs.
And of course, you completely ignore that the US since the days of Nixon,
held back any improvements of alternatives to the fast breeder reactors that
were able to produce the most plutonium for bombs.

And held back (shut down) the research into safer alternatives like liquid
Thorium salt designs,.....that were proven to work back in the 50's and
60's.

Do your own search on Thorium reactors or look at this video I chose at
random

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUdXbGpTS78

Old May 22nd 19, 05:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Bast" wrote in message ...

Hägar wrote:
"Sylvain" wrote in message

[...]

*** As usual, the reason I mentioned the Chernobyl disaster went right over
your head. Unlike Western Engineering Companies, the Russkies do it on the
cheap. Slap it together and fire it up. A "Containment Dome" ??? who needs
that ... only the Western pussies have them and besides Three Mile Island,
they were never needed. God are you a dumb-ass chick ...

I know why the liberals do it. Because the Globalists who fund their
welfare lifestyles hate the Russians.
Because the Russians want no part of the globalist agenda.

But getting back on topic about nuclear, you seem to have forgotten three
mile Island, and more importantly FUKUSHIMA, that is still poisoning the
oceans and killing people every day.

*** The incident at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant was the result of a tidal
wave that was twice the "worst case scenario" projection and no amount of
Engineering expertise could have prevented it. If you wuldn't have your
head up your rectum, as you seem to have most of the time, you would know
that the tidal wave flooded the air intakes to the emergency backup diesel
cooling water pumps and prevented them from starting, thus sending the plant
into a melt down.

Both of those reactors were US General Electric designs.

*** You dizzy bitch ... the reactors were not the reason for the meltdown,
it was the lack of available cooling water, as explained above.

And of course, you completely ignore that the US since the days of Nixon,
held back any improvements of alternatives to the fast breeder reactors that
were able to produce the most plutonium for bombs.

And held back (shut down) the research into safer alternatives like liquid
Thorium salt designs,.....that were proven to work back in the 50's and
60's.

Do your own search on Thorium reactors or look at this video I chose at
random

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUdXbGpTS78

*** blah, blah, blah ... if we were to put the same efforts into designing a
fusion reactor as we did to put a man on the Moon, out Energy woes would be
over. But the oil and gas lobby are very powerful and out Politicians are
very greedy, so once again we get the shaft.