Thoughts and Prayers 10

Old May 14th 19, 09:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Thoughts and Prayers 10

How=20often=20we=20hear=20this=20silly-assed=20phrase=20!
=20
As=20if=20there's=20some=20all=20knowing,=20all=20 controlling,=20a=
ll=20wise,=20etc.,=20super
being,=20presiding=20over=20everything=20and,=20if =20we=20ask=20ni=
cely=20enough,=20He
might=20just=20change=20something=20for=20the=20be tter.
=20
Utterly=20ridiculous=20on=20so=20many=20counts.
=20
We=20hear=20that=20He=20is=20responsible=20for=20e verything.=20Wel=
l=20everything
includes=20all=20bad=20things=20as=20well=20as=20g ood.
=20
When=20someone=20voices=20the=20opinion,=20that=20 He=20is=20respon=
sible=20for=20this
famine,=20that=20war,=20this=20disease,=20that=20d ictator=20or=20r=
egime=20(=20yes,=20even
Hitler=20),=20then=20the=20"faithful"=20will=20oft en=20intone,=20"=
God=20works=20in=20strange
or=20mysterious=20ways"
=20
Indeed=20!=20Such=20total=20BS=20!
=20
Come=20on=20thinking=20people,=20grow=20up=20!
Old May 15th 19, 03:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 3:59:54 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
How often we hear this silly-assed phrase !

As if there's some all knowing, all controlling, all wise, etc., super
being, presiding over everything and, if we ask nicely enough, He
might just change something for the better.

Utterly ridiculous on so many counts.

We hear that He is responsible for everything. Well everything
includes all bad things as well as good.

When someone voices the opinion, that He is responsible for this
famine, that war, this disease, that dictator or regime ( yes, even
Hitler ), then the "faithful" will often intone, "God works in strange
or mysterious ways"

Indeed ! Such total BS !

Come on thinking people, grow up !

You guys may all be atheists but not for much longer. When your life comes to

an end you will find out.
Old May 15th 19, 06:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 7:59:53 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 3:59:54 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
How often we hear this silly-assed phrase !

As if there's some all knowing, all controlling, all wise, etc., super
being, presiding over everything and, if we ask nicely enough, He
might just change something for the better.

Utterly ridiculous on so many counts.

We hear that He is responsible for everything. Well everything
includes all bad things as well as good.

When someone voices the opinion, that He is responsible for this
famine, that war, this disease, that dictator or regime ( yes, even
Hitler ), then the "faithful" will often intone, "God works in strange
or mysterious ways"

Indeed ! Such total BS !

Come on thinking people, grow up !

You guys may all be atheists but not for much longer. When your life comes to

an end you will find out.

When your dead its to late.Bert
Old May 15th 19, 06:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 12:11:38 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

When you are dead it is too late to do anything about your life, that much is

true.
Old May 16th 19, 06:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 10:38:06 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Life after death is what brain washed people believe.Not me.Well if you believe in ghosts holy or not you are a walking dead.(zomby) Bert
Old May 16th 19, 11:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 12:33:03 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Life is pointless if there is no life after you are gone.
Old May 18th 19, 06:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 3:17:33 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Science is not needed if Gods did it all.Life after dead,bring dead back to life,walking on water,talking to a burning bush,and water becoming wine.It makes a good movie. Its Hollywood and has lots of Rabbi.Bert
Old May 18th 19, 07:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 12:11:36 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Are you kidding? God makes us mere mortals do everything including the

miracles!
Old May 18th 19, 09:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 11:33:23 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Its a miracle how stupid people believe religions answer questions.Bert
Old May 18th 19, 09:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 3:13:10 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Religion has nothing to do with it! Never mind, you will not understand this

side of forever. You probably do not even know there is a forever.