Favorite astro software for printing maps?

Old September 20th 03, 09:05 PM
Jeff Albro

Default Favorite astro software for printing maps?

I'd really like to print my own star maps for observing. I'm sure
some of the astro programs out there do that. Does anyone have some
recommendations?

-Jeff
Old September 20th 03, 09:17 PM
Rod Mollise

I'd really like to print my own star maps for observing. I'm sure
some of the astro programs out there do that. Does anyone have some
recommendations?

Hi:

Depends on your requirements. I'd start with the FREE Cartes du Ciel at
http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/. It does a darned good job, free or not.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old September 20th 03, 09:29 PM
Philippe HAAKE

On 20 Sep 2003 13:05:15 -0700, (Jeff Albro) wrote:

I'd really like to print my own star maps for observing. I'm sure
some of the astro programs out there do that. Does anyone have some
recommendations?

-Jeff

Hello,

Sure for me it is SkyTools 2 have a look at
http://www.skyhound.com/skytools.html

It is the most powerfull and most complete astrosofware on the
market..

You will see plenty of exeemple... you can also read my review at
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/test/SkyTools%202.htm

(in french) but on the same page you have the posssibility to read a
translation in english....

Best Greetings From SWITZERLAND
Philippe HAAKE
ICQ 3128404
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/meteo
http://astroclub.net/sag/index.html
http://community.webshots.com/user/beruberu1

!!!!!!REMOVE NOSBSPAM FROM MY E-MAIL!!!!!!

Spammers, here are some email addresses for your spambots:

$LOGIN@localhost $LOGNAME@localhost $USER@localhost
$USER@$HOST -h1024@localhost
admin@loopback