Astro-Physics Plants

Old July 18th 03, 11:15 AM
Mark

Default Astro-Physics Plants

Oooops! :-) Sorry Roland for my mis-information about the FastMax MN's
Optics origin. Mark

Old July 19th 03, 01:47 AM
Mark

Hi Cris, Yes, I agree, that a world class Apo is money in the bank.
There are numerous folks who luckily scored AP-180EDT scopes for $5K and
less. Try getting one now for that price! I myself own a world class
Apo, the 5.2" F-12 Apomax made by Fred Mrozek. I would not part with
this scope right now for any less than $6K. (And IMO, it's a deal for
such a great scope)

Still IMO, there are lots of mighty fine scopes out there easily gotten,
that will show more than both my Apomax, and the AP180EDT for a
reasonable amount of money. An Intes-Intes Micro 8" or 10 Mak, or
Mak-Newtonian are very good buys, and Yuri at TEC is making some very
impressive instruments, that are gotten without too long of a wait time.

The biggest obstacle with these type of instruments is slow cool
down/equilibrium (An issue somewhat dependent on where you live) But
improvements are constantly being made by these manufacturers on cool
down issues.

Many folks get antsy perhaps owning, or looking through Newtonians, as
they don't seem to fit the typical scenario to some people of what a
Telescope should be. In my case, I could care less. It's the view
through the eyepiece I care the most about, and these hybrid scopes have
much potential. Clear Skies, Mark