Philip Klass - RIP

Old August 11th 05, 11:00 PM
Jim Davis

Default Philip Klass - RIP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2005/08/10/AR2005081002167.html

Jim Davis
Old August 11th 05, 11:18 PM
OM

On 11 Aug 2005 22:00:33 GMT, Jim Davis

....Boy, are the MUFON Morons and the Art Bell Bozos going to be
jumping for joy over this one. If they hated any one single debunker
the most, it was Phil.

So long, Phil. Your efforts were appreciated, and you *will* be
missed, especially by those who a) believe there *is* intelligent life
out there, but b) 99.999% of the reports so far have been made by
nutcases, whackos and dementoids suffering from a lack of attention...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 12th 05, 01:32 AM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...Boy, are the MUFON Morons and the Art Bell Bozos going to be
jumping for joy over this one. If they hated any one single debunker
the most, it was Phil.

He was definitely a Klass act.

Well, ****. He was on my Most Wanted list.

Old August 12th 05, 05:09 AM
Allan Cole

Well, ****. He was on my Most Wanted list.

You mean you wanted to have sex with him??

Old August 12th 05, 05:41 AM
Matt Wiser

Jim Davis wrote:

OM, I wouldn't call police officers, Military and commercial pilots, air traffic controllers,
military personnel, merchant and naval ship crews, and other trained observers "crackpots
and wackos." Quite a few cases involving such trained observers withstood Klass' scrutiny,
even if he wouldn't admit it. And he lost a few bets to folks like Stanton Friedman, Dr. Richard
Haines, and Kevin Randle. Look up Lakenheath, the RB-47 case, Incident at Exeter, Minot
AFB (1968), among others. When Klass started throwing out explanations that made no
sense, such as claiming the RB-47 incident was a misread of a ground radar and a meteor,
or the close encounter at Exeter was just a passing B-52, I kinda lost him. He was what
Stanton Freidman called "a Nasty Negativist." He reminded me of an Oilphant cartoon about
Condon: a UFO has landed outside CU Boulder and two aliens are taking Dr. Condon off to
the saucer and a colleague shouts "Don't worry, Dr. Condon! Tell them you don't believe in
them!" Don't label me one of the "wackos"! Just someone who has an open mind on the
subject.

Old August 12th 05, 06:44 AM
OM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:41:27 -0500, "Matt Wiser"
wrote:

OM, I wouldn't call police officers, Military and commercial pilots, air traffic controllers,
military personnel, merchant and naval ship crews, and other trained observers "crackpots
and wackos."

....I'm not. I'm referring to the Brad Guth type, who are extreme
mental cases, or the Betty & Barney Hill types, who are not only
mental cases, but concoct these stories for whatever reason(*) their
addled minds deems fit to **** and annoy people off. Those are the
ones who "see" a "light" and embellish the "observation" with an
abduction, anal probing, and stories of hybrid human-alien kids.

(*) In the case of the Hills, it's now pretty much accepted fact that
they stole the plot of an episode of "The Outer Limits" as the
foundation of their story of being abducted, and then went public with
the whole mess to embarass the hell out of their families. For those
not familiar with the case, the Hills were a Black-White interracial
couple at a time when such "miscegenation" was viewed by many in the
country on both sides of the segregational fence as tadamount to
treason. Barney Hill died in '69, but since then over the decades
Betty Hill hasn't admitted she and her husband were hoaxters, but she
*has* been rather jumping for joy at the embarassment and
consternation that their families - especially the parents - have gone
through, citing they were simply getting their just rewards for being
racists and denouncing their marraige.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 12th 05, 02:17 PM

While in college in the 70's I was writing a paper on what appeared to
be "establishment" support of many of these "otherwordly" happenings.
Atomic submarines and telepathy, Dowsing being scantioned by Unesco and
the US army in vietnam, the telepathic cold war etc etc. At the time
a made for tv flick came out about the Hill incident (I think James
Earl Jones played Barney). The Hill's psychiatrist a Dr.Benjamin (if
the obscuring nueral plaque doesn't have me wrong) was living in the
Boston area. I had an interview with him shortly after this movie was
released. The character of Benjamin in the movie was portrayed as
being very sympathetic and supportive of the Hills claim, if not the
Hill's outright champion. This was very much the previaling sense when
the book was released as well (read "it's gotta be true a psychiatrist
is involved"), his take in real life was a bit different. He said that
he "never believed that they saw a UFO rather , he beleived that they
beleived they saw a UFO". He said he never viewed the "incident" in
any other way. That being said he also freely admitted that the he was
compensated rather appropriately (without getting into specifics) for
the networks "portrayal" of his character. All to often the public
upwelling of support for these claims are seen in context of a
unsubstantiated TV movie or newspaper report with no followup to
investigate the veracity of that report itself. After all they saw it
on TV, it has to be true

Old August 12th 05, 04:05 PM
Scott Hedrick

wrote in message
ups.com...
All to often the public
upwelling of support for these claims are seen in context of a
unsubstantiated TV movie or newspaper report with no followup to
investigate the veracity of that report itself. After all they saw it
on TV, it has to be true

You mean William Wallace didn't live 500 years and move to the United States
to fight in the Revolutionary War?

Old August 12th 05, 04:54 PM

Nope no sir ree, bet your ass as well they didn't flip up their kilts
(circa 1700's) in battle either, at that time they wore orange
long-shirts. Thats a bunch of crap about the revolutionary war as
well, he became a well known and innovative leather tanner (who had an
aversion to people taking his picture) later opening the first "Salt
and Save" in Peabody Mass. You know how I know.....I saw it on

Old August 12th 05, 07:33 PM
OM

On 12 Aug 2005 06:17:09 -0700, wrote:

After all they saw it on TV, it has to be true

....So *that* explains why roadkill doesn't stay more than an hour or
so on the streets of Beverley Hills. There really *is* a family of
hillbillies living in a mansion there who scrape up the flattened
remains for dinner!

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr

Philip Morrison, has died at the age of 89 Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 139 May 14th 05 08:55 AM
Death of SETI Pioneer Philip Morrison Henry SETI 0 April 26th 05 09:37 PM
Death of SETI Pioneer Philip Morrison Henry SETI 0 April 26th 05 09:37 PM
Philip Morrison Dale History 2 April 26th 05 09:13 PM
A MESSAGE FOR PHILIP DEITIKER Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 November 26th 03 05:44 AM