Corona around the Sun

Old June 4th 04, 01:29 PM
Martin Frey

Pete Lawrence wrote:

and there was me thinking it was a cigar.

Did the fact that it wouldn't light not give it away?

No - I thought it was one of Bill Clinton's

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old June 4th 04, 01:29 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:10:46 +0100, Martin Frey
wrote:

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Tim Auton tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote:
You also get a corona around high voltage, plus the word is used in
several other fields too.

Indeed. In Mexico it comes in a bottle.

Best,
Stephen

http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Most recent images http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/recent_images.html
Old June 4th 04, 02:37 PM
Tim Auton

Martin Frey wrote:
Pete Lawrence wrote:

and there was me thinking it was a cigar.

Did the fact that it wouldn't light not give it away?

No - I thought it was one of Bill Clinton's

My broken rib is in absolute agony now as I giggle uncontrollably. I
hope you're pleased! ;-)

Tim
--
Love is a travelator.
Old June 5th 04, 05:58 AM
Eclipsme

"Tim Auton" tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote in message
"Eclipsme" wrote:
"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:12:30 -0400, "Eclipsme" wrote:

Lovely shot, but this is not the corona.

See http://www.mreclipse.com/SEphoto/SEpix.html

A bit confusing as they share the same name but it is a corona

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/droplets/corona.htm

Thank you Pete. I was never aware that this term was used to describe 2

very
different things. I shall have to look at this more closely.

You also get a corona around high voltage, plus the word is used in
several other fields too. Corona is Latin for crown I believe.

Tim

Yes, now that you mention it, there is a corona wire inlaser printers, too.

Harvey