Fox/Spacecraft Film's Apollo 15-17

Old November 29th 03, 08:33 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

Default Fox/Spacecraft Film's Apollo 15-17

Several months ago, I purchased the Fox version of Spacecraft Film's Apollo
11. The 3-DVD set was excellent. Inside the box was a small flyer stating
that the revised sets of Apollo 15, 16, and 17 were "Launching November,
2003". However, neither the Spacecraft Film's website nor any of the stores
have it or even acknowledge it.

Are we looking at another Spacecraft Films snafu? I was looking forward to
giving myself a Christmas gift of 16 and 17, 'cause I was _so_ good this
year... ;-)

Old November 30th 03, 12:42 AM
OM

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:33:45 GMT, "Vincent D. DeSimone"
wrote:

Several months ago, I purchased the Fox version of Spacecraft Film's Apollo
11. The 3-DVD set was excellent. Inside the box was a small flyer stating
that the revised sets of Apollo 15, 16, and 17 were "Launching November,
2003". However, neither the Spacecraft Film's website nor any of the stores
have it or even acknowledge it.

Are we looking at another Spacecraft Films snafu? I was looking forward to
giving myself a Christmas gift of 16 and 17, 'cause I was _so_ good this
year... ;-)

....Ranks right up there with another disappointing prediction:

"Next Year - Superman II"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 30th 03, 04:47 AM
Mark Gray

Vincent,

Originally we were releasing Apollo 15, 16 and 17 in November. After
looking at all the DVDs being released in the November/December
window, we elected to wait until the first of the year to release
them.

I do not have a specific release date for them, but they will be out
very early in 2004 along with the Saturn V set.

Best regards,
Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films

Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films
Old November 30th 03, 05:30 PM
David Stribling

Hopefully these discs will not freeze on regular DVD players. The
replacement disc I received for the 2nd disk of the Apollo 15 (2 disk set),
froze in the same spot as the original--during the "Eva 3" portion, towards
the end, in chapter 6. At 2:04 the image freezes while the camera points at
the fender of the LRV.

--
David Stribling
Remove the to reply

Old November 30th 03, 07:46 PM
Mark Gray

David,

Sounds like a strange compatibility issue we come upon from time to
time. Yours is the only disc from the Apollo 15 two-disc set we've
ever replaced, and we can't replicate the issue here. We're happy to
either try another disc or provide a refund on the set.

FYI, when the 15,16,17 sets are re-released only the 6-disc sets will
be released... we're not re-releasing the two-disc versions...

Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films

Old November 30th 03, 07:49 PM
Mark Gray

Speaking of which, does the image freeze and then resume? Or freeze
and lock up?

They are dual layer discs, so there will naturally be a freeze
somewhere momentarily. (I'd have to look up exactly where the layer
break occurs on that disc and am not at the office now).

All dual-layer discs freeze momentarily while the laser refocuses on
the other layer.

Mark

Old November 30th 03, 07:58 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

Vincent,

Originally we were releasing Apollo 15, 16 and 17 in November. After
looking at all the DVDs being released in the November/December
window, we elected to wait until the first of the year to release
them.

I do not have a specific release date for them, but they will be out
very early in 2004 along with the Saturn V set.

Best regards,
Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films

Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!! He'll just be a little late!

Old December 1st 03, 03:20 AM
David Stribling

The image freezes as if I had hit the pause button. I can reverse the play,
if I catch it just after freezing. If I leave the disk alone, the play
returns to the main menu after about 30 seconds. If I try to fast forward,
it jumps to the main menu.

I will send you the complete thread of correspondence by direct email.

Thanks

--
David Stribling
Remove the to reply

Old December 1st 03, 04:26 AM
Satisfied Customer

Default Spacecraft Films - a satisfied customer

I am not a disguised Mark Gray, but I did get timely delivery on my Apollo 11
set, and I have no problems playing it at all.

I also have a "School House Rock" DVD that locks up on my older DVD player, but
plays fine on a newer player (which I recently bought for less money than my
old player - $50 vs. $60). That's cheap enough that you can buy a dedicated
DVD player that will play your Spacecraft Films DVD.

Mark, you ROCK!

Old December 1st 03, 05:22 PM
moon shot

Mark Gray wrote in message news:
I do not have a specific release date for them, but they will be out very early in 2004...

Well, that's kinda weird. I ordered Apollo 16 from Amazon.com and they
say that I'll "have it" by X-mas. (I already have 15 and 17) 16 is
the only one "available" from Amazon.