Good to be Back!

Old July 11th 05, 07:04 AM
Starlord

Default Good to be Back!

Good to be Back!

Sunday 7:30pm, car loaded up and gassed up,
I was at the corner by 7:50 and parked by
the used car lot and carried everything over
to the spot. Within a shot time I had it
set up, alined and centered on the moon.

It was 9:30 before a man and his son came over
and got to see the moon and Jupiter. Viewing
was not the best, as a low branch of the cool
jet stream has dropped down and was right over
us tonight. Just abot 10 a man,wife and son
came over, he asked what the red thing was,
I told him and let him see the moon and then
Jupiter, they asked if I would stay a bit
more time and I said yes, they drove off and
about 10mins later they where back with some
others and we spent the next 15 mins looking
at the moon and Jupiter and Vega too. After
they left ( FF lights where out ) I closed up,
pulled the car over and found 5 bills in my
donation jug so they went for gas for the car.

A slow night, but it felt good to be back up
there.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy-Net Gift Shop