Worthy of survival

Old November 1st 06, 10:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Eric Chomko

Default Worthy of survival

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:You appear completely clueless about how the defense industry became a
:Wall St. entity after WWII complete with bottom lines and ecomonic
:forecasts. Consider yourself a useful idiot for that industry.

Meanwhile you operate on pure fantasy. Consider yourself a useless
idiot for pretty much any purpose at all.

So Ike was lying when warning us about the Military Industrial Complex?
You'd fit in nice in an Orwellian world.

territory."
--G. Behn

Old November 1st 06, 10:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Bob Kolker

Eric Chomko wrote:

Anyone that thinks killing 1 million people for the benefit of mankind
can easily be convinced that he's doing it for God and killing
infidels. Might as well believe that you have 72 virgins waiting for
you in heaven as well.

I would do it because Islam is aimed at me and mine. God has nothing to
do with it.

Islam has been a bane and curse on mankind since at least the 13th
century c.e.

Bob Kolker
Old November 1st 06, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Eric Chomko

Bob Kolker wrote:
Eric Chomko wrote:

Anyone that thinks killing 1 million people for the benefit of mankind
can easily be convinced that he's doing it for God and killing
infidels. Might as well believe that you have 72 virgins waiting for
you in heaven as well.

I would do it because Islam is aimed at me and mine. God has nothing to
do with it.

If Islam truly wants to wipe out the Jews, at 1.4 billion to 17
million, you're done.

Islam has been a bane and curse on mankind since at least the 13th
century c.e.

Right, in need a reformation rather than trying to kill 1/5th of the
planet. Slaughter never fixed a thing.

Eric

Bob Kolker

Old November 1st 06, 11:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Bob Kolker wrote:
: : : Eric Chomko wrote:
: : :
: : : That is one theory and no doubt backed by certain examples. Others
: : : exist as well like drug dealers which create businesses where they
: : : don't get taxed. Do you support the notion of illegal markets like
: : : racketeering and drugs?
: : :
: : : Drugs should be decriminalized.
: : :
: : :All drugs? Heroin? Steroids?
: :
: : Sure. Why not?
: :
: :Okay, but only if you use them.
:
: No thanks. I don't feel like keeping you company.
:
:But it is you that wants them legal not me.

Unlike you, Eric, I don't want everything I want to do to be mandatory
and everything I don't want to do to be illegal.

: : :And you do realize that the main reason to legalize is to get tax
: : :revenue, right?
: :
: : Wrong. The main reason to legalize is to take the money out of the
: : criminal economy.
: :
: :And put it where?
:
: Into the non-criminal economy, of course. Jesus, are you always this
: stupid?
:
:Which in part equates to taxes vs. no taxes.

Very small part. Are you really so stupid that you cannot understand
why taking the huge amounts of money involved in the illegal drug
trade out of the hands of criminals would be a GOOD thing?

Hint: Study the murder rate in the United States starting a few years
before Prohibition to a few years after it. Let us know what you
find.

Then go look at the same statistic around the start of the 'War on
Drugs'....

:You want drug companies to be more like the tobacco companies.

I see you're still hallucinating madly.

: : : And racketeering is extortion and
: : : battery. That is already illegal. So I don't want business to be done
: : : violently or under threat of violence (that is how the government does
: : : business by the way). Markets should be as free as possible consistent
: : : with public safety.
: : :
: : : Drugs were criminalized in this country in 1906. Before that one could
: : : purchase laudinum at the local apothecary. The blue-noses could not bear
: : : the thought of someone getting pleasure.
: : :
: : :Or they realized that a stoned populace didn't work.
: :
: : They do if they want money to get stoned on.
: :
: :Again, you first. We'll do it ONLY if you get strung out.
:
: I could hardly be first, since lots of people already do this.
:
:Right, you just want to make that condition to be obtained legally. Do
:you equate heroin to pot, McClod?

Do you equate jaywalking to murder, El Chimpo? After all, both are
illegal, right?

What's your real objection to allowing adults to decide for themselves
what they do to themselves? Is it your self-knowledge that YOU are
incapable of doing this yourself without some guy with a gun to stop
you?

: Funny
: how no matter what is being discussed, El Chimpo manages to display a
: whole new level of ignorance about it.
:
:So when one disagrees with you, it's ignorance. I see...

Yes, I'm sure you see all sorts of things that aren't there. No doubt
this is why you need drugs kept illegal - you hallucinate freely
without them and would be a REAL mess with them.

Although, to be honest, it is hard to imagine how you could get any
worse than you already are.

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
Old November 1st 06, 11:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

Bob Kolker wrote:

:Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: So, you basically are no better than they are.
:
:I am volunteering to kill Bad Guys. That makes me a Good Guy.

Which is, oddly enough, precisely how THEY feel about it.

--
You are
What you do
Old November 1st 06, 11:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Bob Kolker

Fred J. McCall wrote:

Bob Kolker wrote:

:Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: So, you basically are no better than they are.
:
:I am volunteering to kill Bad Guys. That makes me a Good Guy.

Which is, oddly enough, precisely how THEY feel about it.

Except I am right and they are not.

Bob Kolker

Old November 2nd 06, 12:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :... the internet just happened to pop into place without
: : : : ... Al Gore.
: : :
: : : Al Gore?
: : :
: : : snicker
: : :
: : :Go read what Vinton Cerf said about Al Gore. Go ahead, Freddy, do it...
: : :You DO know who Vinton Cerf is, right?
: :
: : Perhaps you should go read it for understanding. Please provide a
: : cite where Vint says that Gore was *necessary* to the invention of the
: : internet.
: :
: :Invention? Never said that. Turning it from a publically funded entity
: :into a privately funded entity? Yes, Gore was instrumental in doing
: :just that.
:
: Wrong.
:
: :Clear now, Freddy?
:
: Only if you live in Fantasyland.
:
:Are you saying Gore did not draw up legislation to turn the internet
ver to the private sector?

I'm saying what I said, Eric. Why are you unable to simply read what
people write without trying to spin and twist and outright lie about
it?

I'm saying that I remember the horror with which Gore's original
proposals were greeted, as they amounted to leaving everyone but a few
select locations as third class citizens with no 'on ramp to the
information superhighway'. I'd been on the net half a dozen years at
the point in time where 'the Gore Act' (to quote Vint, whose remarks
in defense of Gore seem more politically than factually motivated).

I'm saying that I remember all sorts of private use of the internet
well before Gore drew up anything at all.

Perhaps you'd like to cite the actual bills that Gore drew up (or even
sponsored) and discuss them and what they actually did?

Then again, perhaps you wouldn't.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old November 2nd 06, 12:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :You appear completely clueless about how the defense industry became a
: :Wall St. entity after WWII complete with bottom lines and ecomonic
: :forecasts. Consider yourself a useful idiot for that industry.
:
: Meanwhile you operate on pure fantasy. Consider yourself a useless
: idiot for pretty much any purpose at all.
:
:So Ike was lying when warning us about the Military Industrial Complex?
:You'd fit in nice in an Orwellian world.

See what I mean about that 'useless idiot' thing?

--
"I can't believe that out of 100,000 sperm, you were the quickest."
-- Steven Pearl
Old November 2nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

Bob Kolker wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: Bob Kolker wrote:
:
: :Eric Chomko wrote:
: :
: : So, you basically are no better than they are.
: :
: :I am volunteering to kill Bad Guys. That makes me a Good Guy.
:
: Which is, oddly enough, precisely how THEY feel about it.
:
:Except I am right and they are not.

Again, oddly enough, precisely how THEY feel about it.

How are you different, again?

--
You are
What you do
Old November 2nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Citizen Bob

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:33:58 -0500, Bob Kolker
wrote:

So, you basically are no better than they are.

I am volunteering to kill Bad Guys. That makes me a Good Guy.

Won't do retail gigs like blowing up a market. I want to take at least a
million of the *******s with me.

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in
the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total
of 2,112 deaths, that gives a monthly firearm death rate of 60 per
100,000 soldiers. The monthly firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is
80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means that you are more
likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capitol, which has the
strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

--

"First and last, it's a question of money. Those men who own the earth
make the laws to protect what they have. They fix up a sort of fence or