Worthy of survival

Old November 1st 06, 02:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Eric Chomko

Default Worthy of survival

Wayne Throop wrote:
::: So infinity + infinity = 2infinity?

:: Google Cantor Transfinite Number Set Theory
:: The first thing you learn is that there are more real numbers than integers.

: "Eric Chomko"
: By how much?

So, you've decided not to read up on transfinite arithmetic,
but to continue to ask questions the answer to which require
at least some background in transfinite arithmetic?

Interesting strategy. Not clear what it's intended to accomplish.

Okay Wayne, you got me. What should I read and where should I start?

Eric

Wayne Throop http://sheol.org/throopw

Old November 1st 06, 02:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 31 Oct 2006 16:39:54 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

I was not defending NASA. I can't imagine what mental deficiency
would cause you to think I was.

C'mon, "consultant" is a polite term for whore

And apparently "Eric Chomko" is a polite term for classless juvenile
moron.

Ease up Rand, can't you even take a joke?

I love jokes. Jokes have this critical characteristic, though.
They're supposed to have an element of humor.

Man I knew I get a reaction out of you but no need to go ballistic.

Calling me a whore is no need to go ballistic?

Correct, unless it is true I guess...

My comment about you was more true than your idiotic statement about
conultants.

What comment?

And it's more outrageous if it's not true.

But someone who isn't a moron would understand that.

Then you're clueless...

Old November 1st 06, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Bob Kolker

Eric Chomko wrote:

Is that when you lost your last contract? And now they are evil.
Figures...

**** no! I did decades of contract work for companies that earned their
money honestly. I would not work for contractors to government at any
level. I did database work for insurance companies, stock brokers,
banks, and manufacturing firms. There was lots of good money out there
having nothing to do with government.

Bob Kolker
Old November 1st 06, 06:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly
Fred J. McCall

Bob Kolker wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:
: To wherever the predominant gravitational influence is, El Chimpo.
:
: Get into space. Kill your velocity with regard to Earth or the Sun.
: What happens?
:
: Hint: Your answer should include the phrase "plummet like a stone".
:
:Or be so far from a gravitating body that you move nearly in a straight
:line nearly at uniform acceleration.

And that is a long, long, LONG way out!

--George Bernard Shaw
Old November 1st 06, 06:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Bob Kolker wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: That is one theory and no doubt backed by certain examples. Others
: exist as well like drug dealers which create businesses where they
: don't get taxed. Do you support the notion of illegal markets like
: racketeering and drugs?
:
: Drugs should be decriminalized.
:
:All drugs? Heroin? Steroids?

Sure. Why not?

:And you do realize that the main reason to legalize is to get tax
:revenue, right?

Wrong. The main reason to legalize is to take the money out of the
criminal economy.

: And racketeering is extortion and
: battery. That is already illegal. So I don't want business to be done
: violently or under threat of violence (that is how the government does
: business by the way). Markets should be as free as possible consistent
: with public safety.
:
: Drugs were criminalized in this country in 1906. Before that one could
: purchase laudinum at the local apothecary. The blue-noses could not bear
: the thought of someone getting pleasure.
:
:Or they realized that a stoned populace didn't work.

They do if they want money to get stoned on.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old November 1st 06, 06:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:You appear completely clueless about how the defense industry became a
:Wall St. entity after WWII complete with bottom lines and ecomonic
:forecasts. Consider yourself a useful idiot for that industry.

Meanwhile you operate on pure fantasy. Consider yourself a useless
idiot for pretty much any purpose at all.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old November 1st 06, 07:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Rand Simberg wrote:
: : On 27 Oct 2006 14:11:55 -0700, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
: : made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
: : a way as to indicate that:
: :
: :
: : Rand Simberg wrote:
: : On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:45:06 -0400, in a place far, far away, Bob
: : Kolker made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: : such a way as to indicate that:
: :
: : Also keep in mind that Bert Ruytan built a space ship with money from
: : his own pocket.
: :
: : No, he didn't. It was funded by Paul Allen.
: :
: : Keep in mind that Hubble discovered the expansion of the cosmos using a
: : telescope funded privately.
: :
: : Just to clarify to idiots like Eric, you're referring to the
: : astronomer, and not the NASA space telescope.
: :
: : Rand not only do I know who Edwin Hubble was I bet I understand the
: : concept of redshift better than you do.
: :
: : It seems unlikely.
: :
: :You making dumb statements like "greater infinity", I suspect you're
: :wrong.
:
: Hint for Eric: There is a whole field of study called 'transfinite
: arithmetic'. All infinities are not created equal.
:
:So infinity + infinity = 2infinity?
:
:What is 1/infinity then?

Poor Eric. He'd argue if someone explained to him that water is wet.

He's got to smarten up a lot to rise to 'dip****'.

Hint: Try Googling 'Transfinite Arithmetic' and reading what comes
up. To help you out, let me start you with:

"Perhaps, thought Cantor, once you start dealing with infinities,
everything is the same size. Oddly enough, this did not turn out to be
the case. Cantor developed an entire theory of transfinite arithmetic,
the arithmetic of numbers beyond infinity. The results are surprising.
Although the sizes of the infinite sets of counting numbers, even
numbers, odd numbers, square numbers, etc., are the same, there are
other sets, the set of numbers that can be expressed as decimals, for
instance, that are larger. Cantor's work revealed that there are
hierarchies of ever-larger infinities."

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old November 1st 06, 07:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.battlestar-galactica
Fred J. McCall

I'll simply note that El Chimpo spits and fumes but contributes
neither light nor heat.

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Bob Kolker wrote:
:
: :Eric Chomko wrote:
: :
: : Go read what Vinton Cerf said about Al Gore. Go ahead, Freddy, do it...
: : You DO know who Vinton Cerf is, right?
: :
: :I am acquainted with Robert Kahn. Who is Vinton Cerf? And Gore did not
: :-invent- the internet. He might have supported its funding, but he did
: :not -invent- it.
:
: Vinton Cerf - Father of the Internet.
:
:He wrote the TCP/IP protocols. What of Leonard Kleinrock?
:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Kleinrock
:
:
: As for El Chimpo's silly remarks (you can always tell when he knows
: he's on his ass going in - he immediately tries to segue to personal
: attack), I'd suggest he (and you) might want to read:
:
:Personal attack?!? Are you accusing me of personal attack? That is the
:foremost example of the pot calling the kettle black on the whole
:Internet today! Freddy, you are a personal attack!!
:
:
: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
:
: "Despite a spirited defense of Gore's claim by Vint Cerf (often
: referred to as the "father of the Internet") in which he stated "that
: as a Senator and now as Vice President, Gore has made it a point to be
: as well-informed as possible on technology and issues that surround
: it," many of the components of today's Internet came into being well
: before Gore's first term in Congress began in 1977."
:
:
:But they never came into the private arena until Gore got into office.
:
: As for what Vint said about Al Go
:
: http://web.archive.org/web/200001250...904/vcerf.html
:
:
:Right which is EXACTLY what I stated. Thanks for providing the
:reference.
:
:Eric
:
: --
: "Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the
: truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
: -- Thomas Jefferson