Idle question: Did any of the early astronauts smoke?

Old August 24th 04, 07:53 PM
Jeff Findley

"bob haller" wrote in message
Anyone who smokes today lacks intelligence
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Typical Bob Haller.

In my younger years, I might have agreed. However, we all make choices
where we weigh the dangers against the benefits. Who's to say that the
enjoyment of smoking a few cigarettes (or cigars, or pipes, or other) isn't
worth the risk of "dying young" or having a lower quality of life in later
years? If you're smoking "two packs a day", that's a bit extreme, but if
you experience everything in moderation, your risks of any one thing killing
you are lower. ;-)

I drive a 93 Chevy G20 7 passenger conversion van to work every day. The
benefit is that it's big enough to haul my entire family of five anywhere in
the country. The danger is that it's an older design that places the driver
and front passenger at *far* greater risk in a collision than newer models
of full size vans.

But the biggest advantage of my van is the cost. The 93 Chevy was given to
me by my father (last year), so the low cost of ownership is the biggest
advantage. I can't afford the $40k for a new Chevy conversion van, let
alone the increased insurance on such an expensive vehicle.

Jeff

Old August 24th 04, 07:55 PM
Pat Flannery

John Mullen wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

Anyone who smokes today lacks intelligence
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Well, I don't know what Mr. Mullen thinks, but I'm pretty sure that Bob
Haller just called me stupid.
Oh yeah? Well, it takes one to know one, buddy! :-)

Pat

Old August 24th 04, 09:36 PM
Jim Davis

bob haller wrote:

Anyone who smokes today lacks intelligence

How intelligent are people who eat so much that they are forced to
resort to risky GI bypass surgery?

Jim davis
Old August 24th 04, 09:59 PM
bob haller

Well, I don't know what Mr. Mullen thinks, but I'm pretty sure that Bob
Haller just called me stupid.
Oh yeah? Well, it takes one to know one, buddy! :-)

Pat

No offense intended, but really with ALL the health risks???

Look I speak from my poor health having nearly killed me. I have had close
friends and realtives die from smoking.....

Lung cncer is a terrible way to go.

Besides smoking is EXPENSIVE

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old August 24th 04, 11:21 PM
OM

On 24 Aug 2004 20:36:46 GMT, Jim Davis
wrote:

bob haller wrote:

Anyone who smokes today lacks intelligence

How intelligent are people who eat so much that they are forced to
resort to risky GI bypass surgery?

....Oh, I dunno. I'd actually pay to see the GI perform the bypass
surgery on Bbo Hallr with his bayonet, risky or not.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 25th 04, 01:40 AM
bob haller

How intelligent are people who eat so much that they are forced to
resort to risky GI bypass surgery?

...Oh, I dunno. I'd actually pay to see the GI perform the bypass
surgery on Bbo Hallr with his bayonet, risky or no OM

Actually I had the RNY bypass 3 years ago. The following health troubles all
went away

High blood pressure hgh cholestrol 275 became 153 high lipids, uncontrolled
type 2 diabetes, now normal for a non diabetic GERD. joint pain for carrying
around 313 pounds now weigh mid 190s.sleep apnea gone too. all troubles GONE
off ALL PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

My obesity was genetic in nature, although OM lacks the intelligence to
understand the details. Its not a matter of willpower any more than changing
the height of you and your family.

OM having probably never seen any of you is possibly insullting a lage number
of posters here since about 23% of the US citizens are seriously overweight.

For anyone here at least 75 pounds over their chart weight with health
troubles, or 100 pounds overweight and apparently healthy feel free to e mail
me.

THIS SURGERY CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE LIKE IT DID MINE!

Heres my story the good stuff is nearer the bottom. my picture is at the
bottom, take a look its unreal....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobe...l?N=H984352619
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old August 25th 04, 01:43 AM
bob haller

Anyone who smokes today lacks intelligence

How intelligent are people who eat so much that they are forced to
resort to risky GI bypass surgery?

BTW you dont have to smoke to live but you must eat to live.....

having nearly died I have strong opinions on people who knowlingly abuse their
bodies and hope every ill smoker successfully sues the tobacco industry. its
time they are put out of business
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old August 25th 04, 06:08 AM
james_anatidae

"I don't understand how poor people think."
-- George W. Bush, New York Times, 2003-08-26

Goliath & Wildwing's Storage Room
http://anatidae.homestead.com/

"bob haller" wrote in message

Well, I don't know what Mr. Mullen thinks, but I'm pretty sure that Bob
Haller just called me stupid.
Oh yeah? Well, it takes one to know one, buddy! :-)

Pat

No offense intended, but really with ALL the health risks???

Look I speak from my poor health having nearly killed me. I have had close
friends and realtives die from smoking.....

Lung cncer is a terrible way to go.

Besides smoking is EXPENSIVE

All true, but if it's legal (or it even if it isn't) and you keep it away
from me, I really don't care what you do.

Old August 25th 04, 01:57 PM
Jim Davis

bob haller wrote:

My obesity was genetic in nature,

When others behave foolishly, it's because they lack intelligence.
When Bob behaves foolishly, it's his parent's fault.

Its not a matter of
willpower any more than changing the height of you and your
family.

Someone was holding a gun to your head, Bob?

Jim Davis

Old August 25th 04, 04:29 PM
Jeff Findley

"bob haller" wrote in message

How intelligent are people who eat so much that they are forced to
resort to risky GI bypass surgery?

...Oh, I dunno. I'd actually pay to see the GI perform the bypass
surgery on Bbo Hallr with his bayonet, risky or no OM

Actually I had the RNY bypass 3 years ago. The following health troubles

all
went away

You lived, but one of my co-workers died on the operating table during this
operation. This sort of invasive surgery seems far more dangerous than a
couple of cigarettes a day (as opposed to a couple of packs a day, which is
more close to the norm).

Jeff

Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 November 7th 03 08:53 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ v4 Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 1 November 4th 03 11:52 PM
News: AP - NASA Has Too Many Astronauts for Flights Rusty B Space Shuttle 4 July 12th 03 03:46 AM