_Moon Shot_ begets new, more peaceful threads...God help us!

Old June 15th 04, 07:31 PM
OM

Default _Moon Shot_ begets new, more peaceful threads...God help us!

....Yeah, I'm still doing my Low-Q real-time cap of _Moon Shot_. And
while I'm having to watch this one, a couple of things come to mind:

1) Is there a complete transcript for the Original 7 unveiling press
conference online anywhere? A search on the NASA sites as well as
Google turned up nothing.

2) How about Shepard's speech following JFK's "from the ground up"
medal award ceremony? Was it truly as short as _MS_ depicts it despite
the obviously bad edit between his sleep comment and "thank you very
much"?

3) During the scenes of the pre-launch chaos preceeding Al's popgun
shot, there's a bit of "HEY! Watch your language!" banter going about
between what appears to be a news reporter and his producer. Was it
ever determined who the sources were on that one? Profane minds would
like to know :-)

....More as the capping progresses, and the vicodin takes effect :-P

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 16th 04, 04:39 PM
Steve at fivetrees

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
1) Is there a complete transcript for the Original 7 unveiling press
conference online anywhere? A search on the NASA sites as well as
Google turned up nothing.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...7/presscon.pdf

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Old June 16th 04, 07:02 PM
OM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:39:03 +0100, "Steve at fivetrees"
wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
1) Is there a complete transcript for the Original 7 unveiling press
conference online anywhere? A search on the NASA sites as well as
Google turned up nothing.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...7/presscon.pdf

....Tried that. Link's broken, alas.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 16th 04, 09:15 PM
Steve at fivetrees

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message news
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...7/presscon.pdf

...Tried that. Link's broken, alas.

Curious - works for me.

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Old June 16th 04, 09:20 PM
Pat Flannery

Steve at fivetrees wrote:

...Tried that. Link's broken, alas.

Curious - works for me.

Works for me also.

Pat

Old June 17th 04, 12:03 AM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message news
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...7/presscon.pdf

...Tried that. Link's broken, alas.

I just downloaded it. Works fine.

Old June 17th 04, 01:08 AM
OM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:03:41 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message news
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...7/presscon.pdf

...Tried that. Link's broken, alas.

I just downloaded it. Works fine.

....****er's working now, tho. Musta been a server burp. I figured the
link was still broken from when all the NASA servers decided to
rearrange themselves after 9/11.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 17th 04, 05:48 AM