Which? TeleVue's 60mm apo or decent 70mm binoculars?

Old June 21st 04, 10:32 PM
Richard

Default Which? TeleVue's 60mm apo or decent 70mm binoculars?

Tough choice, if you only had the two to choose from. But I'd
probably pick the TeleVue only because a 60mm apo would be able
to provide nice images up to around 125x or so. Beyond that, you
would likely not see much additional detail on planets.
The binos would kick it's a-- on widefield views, but at least with
the apo you can use decent eyepieces that don't distort the field
edge. I know the consensus is that a 60mm refractor doesn't amount
to much, but I still find a scope far more versatile than binos.
However, if you broaden your choices, a 6-8" Dob and reasonably decent
50mm binos could be bought for the same price.
Old June 21st 04, 11:21 PM
Florian

Tough choice, if you only had the two to choose from.

If i didn't already have 70mm binos that's what i'd choose without question.
But then
i'm not interested much in planets. I like dim fuzzies and widefields.

-Florian

Old June 22nd 04, 12:07 AM
Howard Lester

"Florian" wrote

I like dim fuzzies

I thought you stopped reading Min's postings!

Old June 22nd 04, 12:07 AM
Howard Lester

Old June 22nd 04, 01:46 AM
CHASLX200