Kepler's 3rd revision3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 19th 16, 01:30 PM posted to sci.astro
Peter Riedt

Default Kepler's 3rd revision3

K3 revision3

By popular demand I revised the calculation of Kepler's third law constant using only data I cannot accused of to have tampered with. The data (orbital period in earth years and semi major axis in AU) was sourced from https://www.princeton.edu/~willman/planetary with the comment that all orbital characteristics are specified with respect to the Solar system's barycenter and the J2000.0 ecliptic.

opy SMA(AU) t2/r3
MER 0.240847 0.3870993 1.000
VEN 0.615197 0.7233360 1.000
EAR 1.000017 1.0000030 1.000
MAR 1.880816 1.5237100 1.000
JUP 11.862615 5.2029000 0.999
SAT 29.447498 9.5370000 1.000
URA 84.016846 19.1890000 0.999
NEP 164.791320 30.0699000 0.999
PLU 248.020800 39.4821000 0.999

Peter Riedt

More on Kepler-62e a425couple Misc 1 June 27th 13 11:00 PM
Kepler & ISS Dr J R Stockton[_101_] UK Astronomy 0 February 20th 11 11:03 PM
Kepler Away Dano Murano Amateur Astronomy 0 March 7th 09 03:44 PM
Kepler mitch[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 33 July 24th 07 07:26 PM
Kepler's First Law Don H Misc 16 January 13th 05 05:09 PM