Amazingly brutal optical test site. No SCT left alive!

Old August 26th 15, 01:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Amazingly brutal optical test site. No SCT left alive!

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 1:46:52 PM UTC-4, LdB wrote:

When I look at a Mallincam image on the screen I never forget how
useles it was to use an eyepiece.

When I look through an eyepiece I never forget how crummy those video images are.

Old September 1st 15, 07:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
LdB[_2_]

On 8/25/2015 7:03 PM, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Can your Mallincam do this:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/content...1_ngc3582.jpeg

If not, I don't need it.

Uncadeepsky

The Mallincam Universe certainly can, in the hands of a skilled astro
photographer like yourself.

I'm not an astro photographer, I'm a viewer. I generally limit my deep
sky view exposures to a minute or two with the video cameras. Maybe as
high as five minutes with the Universe. I may or may not process
images on the fly so to speak but the actual time spent processing is
less than a minute for any series of exposures.

What I do cannot be compared with what you do. You may spend several
days working on an image. I spend several minutes working with and
viewing mine. You get to see the pretty picture, I get to see what
the telescope is pointed at. The only trouble would be to determine
which of us was the happiest.

Take a look at what people are doing on the Mallincam Forum. It is one
of the Yahoo groups. I believe you can find it here.

There are thousands of images from all the Mallincams. Some are
processed as yours, some are simple screen grabs of the video as it is
being viewed. More and more are using software to process images as
they are being viewed. You will see a difference between the older and
newer images. You will even find a few of mine over there as well.

There is no denying our imaging is not on the same level as yours but
with every improvement in the cameras and software we get a bit
closer. Remember we are viewing live or as near to live as possible.

The holy grail of video astronomy is to "Have a Hubble in the back
yard." When one sees how far electronic viewing has progressed in the
last few years the idea may not be as far fetched as some would think.
You may not need a Mallincam but you should at least keep an eye on
the competition. You never know when someone will streak past, leaving
you chocking in his dust.

Let's not leave out the poor eyepiece users. They are always looking
for new ways to improve their view.

Here is a list of the new ideas and methods they have developed in the
last few generations.

..
..
..
..
..
..

Quite a list.

LdB.

Old September 1st 15, 08:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 11:40:50 AM UTC-7, LdB wrote:
On 8/25/2015 7:03 PM, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Can your Mallincam do this:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/content...1_ngc3582.jpeg

If not, I don't need it.

Uncadeepsky

The Mallincam Universe certainly can, in the hands of a skilled astro
photographer like yourself.

I'm not an astro photographer, I'm a viewer.

Yes, you view stacked photos, and even then, not particularly good photos. You do your thing and others do theirs, and each is happy about it.
Old September 2nd 15, 03:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Owen

On 09/01/15 11:40, LdB wrote:
Let's not leave out the poor eyepiece users. They are always looking for
new ways to improve their view.

Here is a list of the new ideas and methods they have developed in the
last few generations.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Quite a list.

LdB.

RKE eyepieces (1979).
Nagler eyepieces (1979).
Not to mention LASIX and other surgical techniques.

-- Bill

Old September 2nd 15, 11:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 3:01:04 AM UTC+1, Bill Owen wrote:

RKE eyepieces (1979).
Nagler eyepieces (1979).
Not to mention LASIX and other surgical techniques.

-- Bill

This is for you and the guys at JPL who remain untouched by the devastation around you -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amRrFQjer6E

In an era where the relationship between one 24 hour day and one rotation is challenged by your empirical cult in terms of the number of times the planet turns within an orbital circumference there a a glimpse of hope for generations of students who will be fortunate to escape an indoctrination -

" During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times " Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

The poet William Blake was right, the awful indoctrination is all done with efficiency through classrooms and that was said nearly 200 years ago.

"I turn my eyes to the Schools & Universities of Europe
And there behold the Loom of Locke whose Woof rages dire
Washd by the Water-wheels of Newton. black the cloth
In heavy wreathes folds over every Nation; cruel Works
Of many Wheels I view, wheel without wheel, with cogs tyrannic
Moving by compulsion each other: not as those in Eden: which
Wheel within Wheel in freedom revolve in harmony & peace."
Jerusalem

Blake was not to know that any observation using watches and the 24 hour day is made within the calendar format and therefore cannot be used to determine the Earth's daily and annual motions directly including the 'solar vs sidereal' time fiction through which so much damage was done and extended on to the 'clockwork solar system'.

You think of yourselves as just doing your jobs but so did the people at those death camps.

Old September 9th 15, 01:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 10:01:04 PM UTC-4, Bill Owen wrote:
On 09/01/15 11:40, LdB wrote:
Let's not leave out the poor eyepiece users. They are always looking for
new ways to improve their view.

Here is a list of the new ideas and methods they have developed in the
last few generations.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Quite a list.

LdB.

RKE eyepieces (1979).
Nagler eyepieces (1979).
Not to mention LASIX and other surgical techniques.

Not to mention Dobsonian telescopes of large aperture/short focal length.
Also, SCTs.
Also, neb filters.
Also, more frequent star parties at dark sites.
Also, better charts.

Old September 10th 15, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
LdB[_2_]

On 09/01/15 11:40, LdB wrote:
Let's not leave out the poor eyepiece users. They are always looking for
new ways to improve their view.

Here is a list of the new ideas and methods they have developed in the
last few generations.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Quite a list.

LdB.

RKE eyepieces (1979).
Nagler eyepieces (1979).
Not to mention LASIX and other surgical techniques.

Not to mention Dobsonian telescopes of large aperture/short focal length.
Also, SCTs.
Also, neb filters.
Also, more frequent star parties at dark sites.
Also, better charts.

No new ideas of methods there. Just a few design changes. The
manufacturers may have found a few ways to coax more profit out of you
poor sods but nothing else has changed.

As long as you have to use averted vision and the rest of your
antiquated techniques to look at something you are still in the dark
ages. It doesn't matter how much you spend you will never see as much
with your new and improved obsolete eyepieces as I can see with the
oldest Mallincam I own.

Why don't you just admit it. All your skill and training has done
nothing more that to condition you to accept an inferior view. The
problem is you have been brainwashed so well and for so long you are
unable to recognize the real thing when it came along.

Fortunately for newcomers there are people regularly demonstrating our
superior technology and equally as fortunate there are still people
like you regularly demonstrating how easy it is to be taken in by
overly obsessed traditionalists. Insisting that you have to see an
object with you own eyes for the experience to be real makes you sound
like some sort of religious fanatic. You believe but you don't know why.

Do your best to keep the new technology away from your dark site star
parties or keep the newcomers away if you know there will be a real
observer there with equipment to actually view the objects all of you
so dearly wish you could see.

Above all, never let it be said among yourselves that the Mallincamer
can see more from a light polluted location during the full moon than
most of you can see at your dark site at the best of times. It may
start a healing process leading a traditionalists out of the dark and
into modern astronomy.

Modern astronomy. That's the place where the better star charts come
from. Those charts are made with equipment that accurately reproduces
what it sees. Charts are no longer made with pencils, imagination and
a strong belief that the old ways are the only ways.

There has been another subtle change in the attitude of those adopting
new ideas and methods. They no longer find it necessary to insult
others with childish name calling as some traditionalists are prone to
do.

I realize that is probably a symptom of the traditionalist
brainwashing. There must be some sort of conflict going on inside
those poor misguided traditionalist minds.

The truth occasionally erodes the belief. When someone like me comes
along some truth seeps into their minds and creates havoc. The
conflict simply results in an uncontrollable outpouring of anger.
Perhaps that anger is just a disguised cry for help.

Exposure to modern astronomy might be therapeutically for some but it
might lead to a complete breakdown. A person may fall into a state
where all he can do is to contradict, criticize and deny everything in
an futile attempt to silence the truth and put an end the conflict.

LdB

Old September 10th 15, 09:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 3:10:34 PM UTC-4, LdB wrote:

LsD's long-winded rant deleted

As long as you are restricting yourself to looking at images on a screen, why not go to this site,

http://www.google.com

and type in the name of the object you would like to "observe?"

Most of what you will find far exceeds what your over-priced equipment can do.
Old September 11th 15, 02:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Thursday, 10 September 2015 21:10:34 UTC+2, LdB wrote:

As long as you have to use averted vision and the rest of your
antiquated techniques to look at something you are still in the dark
ages.

Perhaps we should simply avert our gaze from LDB's commercial trolling?

His "daytime TV" diatribes have become as predictable as 1461's.
Old September 11th 15, 03:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

It is a basic human right that children are taught that the Earth turns once each 24 hours and within the confines of 4 orbital circumferences there are 1461 rotations. It is unimaginable that an entire era would actively promote 1465 rotations for the same 4 annual circuits ,not because of the ridiculousness of the notion itself, but there is nobody who takes joy in the actual system of references where February 29th represents the 1461's day and rotation.

No person or group can live off hatred and stupidity for any length of time so the fact that the actual system has been in this forum for many years and is still mocked can be incredible at times.

The appearance of the Sun followed by the appearance of the stars is the most basic experience of astronomy in terms of the Earth's rotation so that unfunny belief that the Earth's rotation bypasses the daily cycle for a rotating celestial sphere notion is a genuine tragedy.

" During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times " Wikipedia

People shouldn't choose this intellectual suicide but if they do they shouldn't take students with them.