CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 6th 05, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

Scott Lowther wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Nixon.

You mean the one who conceded an election he knew was stolen, because he
knew that a big fight would be trouble for the republic?

I think he means the one that left office while at risk of impeachment
because a big fight would hurt his future income.

/dps

Old December 6th 05, 10:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 2 Dec 2005 21:53:25 -0800, in a place far, far away, "tobarn"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

It doesn't matter that half won't go, if the other half will. Or even
if a tiny percentage of them will. But please go on with your
illogic.

I see you still havent bothered to actually read any of the in-depth
Tourism marketing studies that have been done.

How would you see that?

Have you been stalking me?

Well a simple search of Google finds a thread where you were exposed
for what you are. A fraud and a liar.

And yet you can't cite it.

Sure I can. There are many of them. Heres one.

Google ID:

Since you have a history of never actually reading following up on
things which disagree with you let me summarise.

You stated a bunch of garbage that contradicts the marketing studies
and someone offered you a reference as follows,

"" However, I will
""pass on one, refer to Nishimatu analysis, in particular market
""segmentation sections and "Costs of Operation" (loose translation).
""These are spread over a long term position leading up to tourism on
the
""Lunar surface incorporating various options from completely reusable
""completely disposable.

Your reply as follows,

""I have no idea what you're talking about, or why it should be
""considered a credible or useful source.

The study in question is a major study if not the most indepth study
ever done according to NASA and other Space Tourism sites. You didnt
even know the name.

Have you at least tried
to learn their names yet so you can pretend you have.

I've actually helped develop some of them.

Complete and utter crap..I am familiar with some of the people that
have developed the in-depth studies and the wouldnt deal with scum like
you if you paid them.

Boy, talk about "frauds and liars..."

You claim to have developed in-depth studies yet still cant name them.
In the thread mentioned above, you were also asked for

""It's a very simple request. You claim to be a space tourism expert.
""What studies or analyses support your "opinions" on space tourism.

We are all still waiting for you to supply the name of these so called
studies. Just like this time your unable to because they dont exist.

You really are rather pitiful. We've watched you take your experience
as a minor flunky in a company dedicated to Private Government
contracts and delude yourself into thinking that you know something of
a commercial business. You now seem to be developing full blown
delusions that you have actually done in-depth studies on Space
Tourism.

Meanwhile, in order to compensate to for complete rejection of your
delusions you spend your time abusing anyone that wishes to post and
think that noone will notice you cant back up anything you say. Perhaps
you seriously need to think about getting back on your medication. You
are long past the stage where incarceration would be a favour to US
soceity.

Old December 6th 05, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:
tobarn wrote:

Complete and utter crap..I am familiar with some of the people that
have developed the in-depth studies and the wouldnt deal with scum like
you if you paid them..

Oh, I bet if you paid them enough... :-)

Pat

OK, you got me. If they paid them enough. But I think they would still
demand a clause preventing anyone from finding out. They do have
certain professional standards to uphold. They could file the report
with the one from Mickey reporting that the martians have landed and
are in full control of the hershey's factory, or maybe Rand wrote that
one as well under a a false name.

Old December 7th 05, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 6 Dec 2005 14:30:22 -0800, in a place far, far away, "tobarn"
[...]

Which proves absolutely nothing except that I hadn't read that
particular study. It doesn't substantiate your absurd claim that I
"haven't bothered to actually read *any* of the in-depth Tourism
marketing studies that have been done. [Emphasis mine]

But then, logic wouldn't seem to be your strong suit, based on this,
or any of the other libelous and ignorant drivel you've written.

You really are rather pitiful. We've watched you take your experience
as a minor flunky in a company dedicated to Private Government
contracts and delude yourself into thinking that you know something of
a commercial business.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently, you don't
either.

You now seem to be developing full blown
delusions that you have actually done in-depth studies on Space
Tourism.

I never said that I have done in-depth studies on Space Tourism. I
said that I have participated in them, and contributed to them, a fact
that remains true. But lie on, anonymous coward.
Old December 7th 05, 04:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

"snidely" wrote in news:1133899191.074023.10730
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Scott Lowther wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Nixon.

You mean the one who conceded an election he knew was stolen, because he
knew that a big fight would be trouble for the republic?

I think he means the one that left office while at risk of impeachment
because a big fight would hurt his future income.

Same man.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old December 7th 05, 09:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

But you don't actually answer his question. Irregardless of proving
things, he made a couple of substantive points you ignored.

snip

I never said that I have done in-depth studies on Space Tourism. I
said that I have participated in them, and contributed to them, a fact
that remains true.

Ok, so we are clear, does that mean that you've actually assisted in
the development of Space Tourism studies OR you've responded in a
positive way when asked if you want to be a space tourist?

It's a subtle point I know but I must admit that based on your rhetoric
here I had assumed you'd actually assisted in the development of
studies.

For the record, I'd like to be a space tourist myself. Doesn't mean
much though. Although I have paid for the fastest and highest flight I
could available just to do it...

Which, if memory serves, is more than you have.

Dave

Old December 7th 05, 09:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 7 Dec 2005 13:09:38 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

I never said that I have done in-depth studies on Space Tourism. I
said that I have participated in them, and contributed to them, a fact
that remains true.

Ok, so we are clear, does that mean that you've actually assisted in
the development of Space Tourism studies OR you've responded in a
positive way when asked if you want to be a space tourist?

Both.

But never in depth then? To what degree then, have you been involved?

Is this a chicken and pig thing when it comes to breakfast?[*]

It's a subtle point I know but I must admit that based on your rhetoric
here I had assumed you'd actually assisted in the development of
studies.

Yes, because *I have said that*.

But you've not assisted in "in-depth" studies, or in an "in-depth" way.

I'm sorry Rand but you really are not being all that clear on this
stuff.

For the record, I'd like to be a space tourist myself. Doesn't mean
much though.

That's for sure.

Although I have paid for the fastest and highest flight I
could available just to do it...

Which, if memory serves, is more than you have.

So?

I've already put money where my mouth is when it comes to pure self
graficitation of an aerospace nature.

You may or may not have quit secure jobs to go freelance to work in
alt-space (really I can't tell from your pontificating nor "recovering
aerospace engineer handle) - you certainly are prepared to suckle from
the government teat to keep a roof over your head.

I was annoyed about not getting down to the SS1 flights but I had
customer meetings in Seattle on both occasions otherwise I'd have got
myself down there.

Dave

Old December 7th 05, 10:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

No it also proves that you had never heard of it. Even cursory
examination of Space Tourism would reveal it as one of only a handfull
indepth studies done. I stuggle to believe that a so called space
tourism expert who claims to have have done space studies could not
even know of the existance of one of the major ones.

But then, logic wouldn't seem to be your strong suit, based on this,
or any of the other libelous and ignorant drivel you've written.

So you cant answer and revert to attacks to cover your own inadequacy.
Very typical.

You really are rather pitiful. We've watched you take your experience
as a minor flunky in a company dedicated to Private Government
contracts and delude yourself into thinking that you know something of
a commercial business.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently, you don't
either.

Thats the nature of your delusion.

You now seem to be developing full blown
delusions that you have actually done in-depth studies on Space
Tourism.

I never said that I have done in-depth studies on Space Tourism. I
said that I have participated in them, and contributed to them, a fact
that remains true.

Argh but you have Mr delusional.

The question stated,

""I see you still havent bothered to actually read any of the in-depth
""Tourism marketing studies that have been done.

You responded ,

""I've actually helped develop some of them"

Perhaps by develop them you meant that you abused the authors because
they reached conclusions that didnt meet you uninformed opinions. Maybe
you also believe that you contribute to space policy by your record
levels of abuse in the Space Policy group.

Old December 7th 05, 11:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:

I'm being clear enough. I don't care how "clear" I'm being to you. I
frankly don't give a damn what you think.

You are being inconsistent even within this limited thread here.

Which, in itself, is actually consistent with the behaviour of Rand
Simberg.

For the record, I'd like to be a space tourist myself. Doesn't mean
much though.

That's for sure.

Although I have paid for the fastest and highest flight I
could available just to do it...

Which, if memory serves, is more than you have.

So?

I've already put money where my mouth is when it comes to pure self
graficitation of an aerospace nature.

So?

If you have to ask that question then you really have a problem with
all this.

You may or may not have quit secure jobs to go freelance to work in
alt-space

I have.

(really I can't tell from your pontificating nor "recovering
aerospace engineer handle) - you certainly are prepared to suckle from
the government teat to keep a roof over your head.

So, I and my loved ones should starve in the street to show my
devotion? It's not enough that I've wiped out my retirement funds?

As I said, it is not possible to tell this from your endless navel
gazing on Usenews.

Why should I, or anyone else, demonstrate their passion for this in
exactly the same way that Dave O'Neill does? Once again, you confuse
your own interests (or your wife's) with the market. But then, you
don't seem to know much about market research.

I seem to know a lot more about S curves and their use than you do, but
that's another subject you've dodged.

I was really amused by your comments about the Wireless industry where
you demonstrated your lack of understanding about how market sizing
calculations are under taken.

I can really believe that you are an engineer.

Dave