A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Astronomy and Astrophysics » Amateur Astronomy
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New Ice Age

Old June 1st 15, 05:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 7:52:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 4:01:52 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 12:27:20 PM UTC-7, Lord Vath wrote:

Evidence is walking in your back yard on May 31 when its 52 degrees
and you freeze your tootsies.

So much for your scientific literacy.

I can pretty much guarantee that you cannot freeze your tootsies at 52 degrees. Uncomfortable? Sure. Frozen? Naw...

You, palsing, are hereby FORBIDDEN from ever using hyperbole on this or any other forum.

This from a guy too stupid to understand the overwhelming evidence that global climate change is upon us, and that mankind has had an influence on that change...
Old June 1st 15, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 12:16:28 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 07:58:06 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Science deniers are not influenced by evidence.

There are no deniers, only skeptics.

You do not know what a skeptic is. A skeptic is not a doubter, not a
denier. A skeptic is a person who bases beliefs on evidence.

The evidence being that there ISN'T enough evidence, and as further
evidence, that hypocrites have no credibility, other evidence notwithstanding.

That just goes to show how gullible you are. Science is not like
Tinkerbell. It doesn't go away when you don't believe it.
Old June 1st 15, 08:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

Mass hysteria is an amazing thing as it transcends all known social conventions and the only response is not to counter the assertions directly but in an oblique way demonstrate stable foundations on which to base ideas and insights to elevate human understanding of their surroundings.

The problems that began in astronomy and spread to terrestrial sciences can be undone by returning back to astronomy and recovering as much material as possible while modifying older conceptions.

In two decades I am unable to get a single individual to delve into the system where timekeeping merges with planetary dynamics where the 24 hour day keeps in sync with each rotation and from there to the number of these days/rotations that fit inside an orbital circumference. This is so remarkable given the almost hysteria about temperatures and the attempt to fit the idea of the planet into the analogy of a common greenhouse.

It just looks like intellectually bankrupt middle class folk trying desperately to sound different from each other but can't disguise the fact that you are all the same in terms of originality and imagination or rather the lack of both.

Astronomy and planetary facts are safe despite the evolving crisis and the race to the bottom that most engage in here.

Old June 1st 15, 09:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 12:29:06 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

In two decades I am unable to get a single individual to delve into the system where timekeeping merges with planetary dynamics where the 24 hour day keeps in sync with each rotation...

There you go, lying yet again...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ur/qRAB45cWbG0
Old June 1st 15, 09:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 9:24:16 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

In two decades I am unable to get a single individual to delve into the system where timekeeping merges with planetary dynamics where the 24 hour day keeps in sync with each rotation...

You are enemies of humanity and all that is good in human nature,not by virtue of your convictions but because of the inherent stupidity in your reasoning -

"During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times, " Wikipedia

It takes a ferocious hatred of basic facts to arrive at that awful statement born of a conclusion which links circumpolar motion directly to the average 24 hour day by ignoring the Lat/Long system and beginning with the assumption that the Earth begins its next full rotation after 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds.

People who cannot master the proportion which covers 4 annual circuits of the Earth around the Sun with the number of times the planets turns within that 1461 day period haven't really lived as it is a fundamental observation that the Sun comes into view followed by the stars due to a single rotation of our planet.

I have already buried the 'solar vs sidereal' fiction but the effort is now towards recovering the external references which link timekeeping to planetary dynamics and preventing something as catastrophic as this from ever happening again.

People can't bear to die with dishonor and certainly not for something as a silly error made by someone else -

"... our clocks kept so good a correspondence with the Heavens that I
doubt it not but they would prove the revolutions of the Earth to be
isochronical... " Flamsteed

Old June 2nd 15, 12:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:58:15 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

You are enemies of humanity and all that is good in human nature,not by virtue of your convictions but because of the inherent stupidity in your reasoning -

"During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times, " Wikipedia

It takes a ferocious hatred of basic facts to arrive at that awful statement born of a conclusion which links circumpolar motion directly to the average 24 hour day by ignoring the Lat/Long system and beginning with the assumption that the Earth begins its next full rotation after 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds.

People who cannot master the proportion which covers 4 annual circuits of the Earth around the Sun with the number of times the planets turns within that 1461 day period haven't really lived as it is a fundamental observation that the Sun comes into view followed by the stars due to a single rotation of our planet.

I have already buried the 'solar vs sidereal' fiction but the effort is now towards recovering the external references which link timekeeping to planetary dynamics and preventing something as catastrophic as this from ever happening again.

People can't bear to die with dishonor and certainly not for something as a silly error made by someone else -

You never even read the link, did you...
Old June 2nd 15, 01:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:53:44 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote this crap:

Given the overwhelming evidence (AGW is better supported than the Big
Bang theory, for example), your comment just reveals that you are a
science denier.

What evidence? When I'm running the furnace on June 1st, I see no
global warming.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old June 2nd 15, 02:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On 6/1/15 5:01 PM, Lord Vath wrote:
What evidence? When I'm running the furnace on June 1st, I see no
global warming.

I don't think you are a globe.
I've always assumed some sort of H. Sapien related organism, which
implies a non-globe mass distribution.

Your observation therefore miss-characterizes possible global impact.
Old June 2nd 15, 05:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default New Ice Age

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 12:18:23 AM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:58:15 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

You never even read the link, did you...

Nobody else has affirmed the inviolate proportion which links the daily rotation of the Earth to its orbital motion by way of determining the number of times the planet turns within the confines of an orbital circumference - in this case 365 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit drawn from the parent observation across 4 years and 4 annual circuits.

It is an absolute necessity that responsible adults become comfortable and confident with the actual system where timekeeping and the planetary cycles merge to a close proximity as it is truly horrible that students suffer the 'solar vs sidereal' fiction indignity from one generation to the next.

You are all like the guy who think he sees a skull in a coal vein and then draws a silly conclusion with the difference being that you do it with a watch and circumpolar motion -

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140620.html

This is why there is no dynamical explanation of the evolution of Arctic sea ice across an orbital cycle among many other things.