Prepare for the advent of the 4th spatial dimension!

Old July 21st 10, 11:38 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Prepare for the advent of the 4th spatial dimension!

I love Superstring theory, it comes up with such amazing science-fiction
episode ideas. There's no end to all of the permutations it can come up
with.

Yousuf Khan

***
Collider gets yet more exotic 'to-do' list : Nature News
"Landsberg hopes to trump the standard model in grander style. He is
presenting an ambitious new theory in which the number of dimensions in
the Universe increases as it grows in size. He and his colleagues
propose that the Universe began with just one spatial dimension and one
time dimension. "Think of the Universe as a one-dimensional thread that
gradually wove itself into a two-dimensional tapestry as it grew, and
then wrapped itself up further to create three dimensions," he says. "
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/1007...tml?s=news_rss
Old July 21st 10, 03:25 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
bert

then wrapped itself up further to create three dimensions," he says. "http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100720/full/466426a.html?s=news_rs I have a 5th dimension theory that is badly needed. Its a dimension that is fudged over by imperial thinkers TreBert

Old July 22nd 10, 02:41 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Surfer[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:38:45 +0600, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

I love Superstring theory, it comes up with such amazing science-fiction
episode ideas. There's no end to all of the permutations it can come up
with.

Yousuf Khan

***
Collider gets yet more exotic 'to-do' list : Nature News
"Landsberg hopes to trump the standard model in grander style. He is
presenting an ambitious new theory in which the number of dimensions in
the Universe increases as it grows in size. He and his colleagues
propose that the Universe began with just one spatial dimension and one
time dimension. "Think of the Universe as a one-dimensional thread that
gradually wove itself into a two-dimensional tapestry as it grew, and
then wrapped itself up further to create three dimensions," he says. "
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/1007...tml?s=news_rss

Since strings are 1D, I suppose 1D would be a logical starting point
for string theory.

On the other hand, if one assumes the universe started as some kind of
singularity, then it might be more natural to model its initial state
as being one of complete non-locality. That would be a state in which
stuff existed, but with initially no notion of spatial dimensions,
except that, to allow the evolution of things of interest, one would
have to allow the stuff to evolve distinct substates.

The evolution of substates but with initially no notion of spatial
dimensions or locality, would be equivalent to allowing direct
connectivity between all substates. So an initial situation of no
geometry and no locality would be equivalent to having an unlimited
number of dimensions.

One would then have to figure out how three dimensional locality
could come to replace such complete non-locality.

In one model which has been proposed, the degree of connectivity
evolves, so that over time some connections become stronger and others
weaker. The evolutionary process is such as to eventual lead to the
desired result.

Such a process has been simulated with a computer. I think its very
interesting that this has proved to be possible. There is an account
and illustrations in Part II of the following:

Process Physics: Bootstrapping Reality from the Limitations of Logic
(2005)
Klinger, Christopher Martin
http://catalogue.flinders.edu.au/loc...080430.132508/

Old July 22nd 10, 08:34 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
gb[_3_]

The article speaks of vanishing dimensions that might
explain the accelerated expansion of the universe.

My explanation is that time slows as the universe
gets bigger, though we remain measuring the speed
of light to be the same.

So the past moves away faster if we look in the
telescopes.

At first the universe was tiny, and began expanding
in size. It started being as tiny as a point, and time
moved infinitely fast in this point. Ever since time
have been slowing relatively as the universe bubble
got bigger.

The Universe can be modeled in terms of energy to
be a quantum quark, running billions of big bangs
a second. In it, in a universe of a quark too, based
on Einstein's relativity the speed of light would be
measured to be the speed of light. We may be in
a quark or other subatomic particle, where in
the big world made up of quantum worlds as ours
the speed of light remains the same measurement.

Old July 22nd 10, 08:44 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
gb[_3_]

On Jul 22, 12:34*pm, gb wrote:
[...]

Added: This theory I provided can be proven. Things
that red shift into the distance expect to slow down
in its events, since those distant galaxies appear to
be traveling away from us.

But as they are traveling away from us faster and
faster in time, giving the impression of a universe
that is accelerating in its expansion, the events
arriving would not slow down as much as one would
expect. The events in that universe in the distance
are moving faster at the same time since that place
we see in the distant past had time running faster
than in our time. So the theory I brought here could
be easily proven or disproven.