Apollo 17 SM panel

Old August 25th 03, 09:44 PM
Doug...

Default Apollo 17 SM panel

In article , "Greg D. Moore
\(Strider\)" says...

"Andre Lieven" wrote in message
In the not so humble consensus of this happy newsgroup, its
about the best single volume book on the US space program
of the period, along with points on the competing Soviet
one.

I would say it's one of the best overviews. If you're looking for specific
systems, there are also some excellent books (Stages to Saturn for example,
and Chariots for Apollo come to mind as focusing on specific areas.)

And for a good detailed work about the behind-the-scenes stories, there's
always Murray and Cox. I would rate Murray and Cox plus Chaikin as the
best set of two volumes to give you a good solid understanding of the
early American space program.

--

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for | Doug Van Dorn
thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup |
Old August 25th 03, 10:54 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Doug . . wrote:

I would say it's one of the best overviews. If you're looking for specific
systems, there are also some excellent books (Stages to Saturn for example,
and Chariots for Apollo come to mind as focusing on specific areas.)

And for a good detailed work about the behind-the-scenes stories, there's
always Murray and Cox. I would rate Murray and Cox plus Chaikin as the
best set of two volumes to give you a good solid understanding of the
early American space program.

For t'other side, as it were, I presume the two volumes would be
Siddiqi's (sp?) pair?

--
-Andrew Gray

Old August 26th 03, 12:32 AM
OM

On 25 Aug 2003 21:54:29 GMT, Andrew Gray
wrote:

In article , Doug . . wrote:

I would say it's one of the best overviews. If you're looking for specific
systems, there are also some excellent books (Stages to Saturn for example,
and Chariots for Apollo come to mind as focusing on specific areas.)

And for a good detailed work about the behind-the-scenes stories, there's
always Murray and Cox. I would rate Murray and Cox plus Chaikin as the
best set of two volumes to give you a good solid understanding of the
early American space program.

For t'other side, as it were, I presume the two volumes would be
Siddiqi's (sp?) pair?

....Or the full-sized single volume, which contains enough dried tree
pulp mass to kill a cat or injure a small child if you dropped it on
them :-P

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 31st 03, 02:29 AM
Kelly McDonald

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:11:37 GMT, Doug... wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article , Doug . . wrote:

I would say it's one of the best overviews. If you're looking for specific
systems, there are also some excellent books (Stages to Saturn for example,
and Chariots for Apollo come to mind as focusing on specific areas.)

And for a good detailed work about the behind-the-scenes stories, there's
always Murray and Cox. I would rate Murray and Cox plus Chaikin as the
best set of two volumes to give you a good solid understanding of the
early American space program.

For t'other side, as it were, I presume the two volumes would be
Siddiqi's (sp?) pair?

I would presume so -- I haven't yet been able to afford to buy them. I
hunger and thirst for them, though...

Beg, search the couch for change, take on a second job. Siddiqi's tome
is well worth the price.

Kelly McDonald

Apollo 1 Fire Jokes Nomen Nescio Space Shuttle 5 January 30th 04 01:18 AM
NASA Names New Safety Advisory Panel Ron Baalke Space Shuttle 0 November 18th 03 11:23 PM
NASA Administrator Accepts Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel Resignations Ron Baalke Space Shuttle 3 September 24th 03 07:19 AM
The Collins factor Doug... History 27 August 22nd 03 05:57 PM
Panel Identifies Three Options For Space Telescope Transition Ron Baalke Space Shuttle 7 August 16th 03 07:21 PM