[SOT] Movies

Old January 19th 05, 10:13 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org writes
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:40:54 -0800, Julian Bordas
wrote:

I was thinking of a shorter cable with the loony, er victme er operator
in a pit 10ft down or so.

...And you know what's loonier than that? If any one of us were asked
to volunteer, you know damn well we'd be fighting over which one was
first in line.

Speak for yourself :-) I'd want to see the film as well as the real
thing.
Old January 20th 05, 12:40 AM
Julian Bordas

OM wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:23:29 -0500, Kevin Willoughby
wrote:

Part of the reason for not having self-contiained remote cameras was
lack of need. Given a chance to film a S-V from up close, I'm convinced
the guys who developed IMAX could have developed some kind of remote
control.

[Insert shot of 3-mile long bulb cable with plunger]

OM

I was thinking of a shorter cable with the loony, er victme er operator
in a pit 10ft down or so.

Julian
Old January 21st 05, 05:15 PM
Peter Stickney

wrote:

I was thinking of a shorter cable with the loony, er victme er operator
in a pit 10ft down or so.

...And you know what's loonier than that? If any one of us were asked
to volunteer, you know damn well we'd be fighting over which one was
first in line.

OM

I can't help but think that the lethal radius of a Claymore is greater
than the cable between it and the 'clicker'

It depends on which side of th thing you're sitting on. Claymores are
shaped charges - they expend most of their energy in the direction of
the "This Side Toward Enemy" side of the box. (Along with, of coutse,
the ball bearings that are embedded in the outer layer of the charge,
and whatever sticks/rocks/gravel/sundry detritus that get picked up by
ht eblast & flung along.

They still blast pretty good out the back, though. It's a good idea
to be under cover - you don't get the ball bearings, but you do get
the sticks/rocks/gravel etc.

--
Pete Stickney

Without data, all you have are opinions

Old January 23rd 05, 06:22 AM
Julian Bordas

Peter Stickney wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Hmm I thought it was a 30 ft radius with a 15 ft cord and 45 ft out to
the front, for the lethal distance

Julian

Galaxy simulation movies Ray Vingnutte Misc 1 February 13th 05 05:11 AM
Fun Flash Movies Jason Misc 2 January 10th 05 12:56 AM
On The Topic Of Movies... Andre Lieven History 14 August 27th 04 06:17 PM
Q:Saturn V launch movies. Hans History 4 April 12th 04 08:50 PM
Telescopes in the Movies, Part 2 Thad Floryan Amateur Astronomy 30 February 8th 04 03:59 PM