For Pat

Old August 12th 13, 03:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default For Pat

Ok, not really SPACE, but came across this.

Reminded me of Pat. He'd have loved it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iiwd-_uCLQ

Old August 13th 13, 05:13 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

On 8/12/2013 10:52 AM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

Reminded me of Pat. He'd have loved it:

Yes he would have.

Dave

Old August 25th 13, 11:38 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_19_]

On Monday, August 12, 2013 9:52:17 AM UTC-5, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:
Ok, not really SPACE, but came across this.

Reminded me of Pat. He'd have loved it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iiwd-_uCLQ

....Not totally. There isn't a Fire Woman painted on the nose.

:OM:
Old August 28th 13, 03:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney[_2_]

wrote:
Ok, not really SPACE, but came across this.

Reminded me of Pat. He'd have loved it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iiwd-_uCLQ

...Not totally. There isn't a Fire Woman painted on the nose.

Or Milla Jovovitch, or even a Colossal Squid.

Now U'm going to have to listen to the Leningrad Cowboy's version of
"Sweet Home Alabama" with the Red Army Men's Chorus backing them up.

--
Pete Stickney
From the foothills of the Florida Alps
Old August 28th 13, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rick Jones

Peter Stickney wrote:
Now U'm going to have to listen to the Leningrad Cowboy's version of
"Sweet Home Alabama" with the Red Army Men's Chorus backing them up.

I wish you had provide warning as the the magnitude of the resulting
mind warp that would cause!-) I've just watched a clip of that found
after a web search, and about the only thing I can think of is to ask
"Is that Elvis Skynyrdski performing in Russian Vegas?"

rick jones
Old September 8th 13, 07:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_19_]

....You know, a prime example of how much of a loss is felt without Pat being around is the current location of Karen Nyberg. Patrick would have been giving us daily - if not hourly - reports of Karen and her gravity-defying hair as she winds up earning the title of the "Sexiest Woman in Orbit" since Seven of Nine. He'd have forgotten his fire women within 30 seconds after she boarded the ISS, that's for sure.

:OM:
Old September 21st 13, 11:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_19_]

....You know, what I really think Pat would have gotten a kick out of was the fact that if you do a Google search on "sci.space.history", the obit page on CollectSPACE for Pat comes up as the second result behind the group itself.
Old September 21st 13, 09:00 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

On 9/21/2013 6:14 AM, OM wrote:
...You know, what I really think Pat would have gotten a kick out of was the fact that if you do a Google search on "sci.space.history", the obit page on CollectSPACE for Pat comes up as the second result behind the group itself.

I agree with that.

We're coming up on the 2nd anniversary of his passing.
I think his last posting on Usenet was September 28th?

Dave

Old September 22nd 13, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_19_]

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:00:01 PM UTC-5, David Spain wrote:
We're coming up on the 2nd anniversary of his passing.
I think his last posting on Usenet was September 28th?

....That's my recollection, and what some of the other remaining regulars were able to dig up on the stats. IIRC, he was found dead in his home, with the actual time of death having occurred sometime either on the 28th or the 29th. Mox nix as to the fact we lost a good friend that day. Just wish we could come up with a really wild tribute that Pat would have been embarrassed to dea...er, tears over, but I can't think of one more immortal than the Google search, as it might just outlast Usenet if the rumors of pulling the plug in 2018 come to pass.

....On a side note, rummaging through a large box of old computer parts last night trying to determine whether or not to toss the damn things, I found a couple of old 2 and 3 GB HDs that *might* contain my lost archives of ssh from the day George sent the first post to just after Y2K. I've got to dig up an IDE controller card - I'm totally SATA now save for one dedicated IDE port on one system going to an old Velociraptor that doesn't support dual IDE channels for technical reasons - or unretire an old D*ll box to check them out, but as a *lot* of the posts from that period are disappearing off of Google Groups' archives on a daily basis - Fred McCall's covering his tracks and everyone else's, it seems - I'd love to be able to search through them again. Especially Henry's postings, and Dwayne's early spookshow research conducted before his ego refused to allow him to acknowledge he'd grown a ten-foot corncob up his ****ing arse.

OM
Old October 3rd 13, 08:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

CNN Missed One:

Oct. 3, 2011: RIP Pat....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/us/oct...html?hpt=hp_t3