Time to Think ‘Horizontal’ for Future Space Launches

Old December 15th 10, 05:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Time to Think ?Horizontal? for Future Space Launches

On Dec 15, 6:56*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article c2d1643d-7f75-405d-a478-
, says...

Jeff is actually a NASA/DARPA kinda guy, whereas anything they do or
don't do is perfectly fine and dandy by his way of thinking. *

B.S. *I was against Ares I and Ares V from day one. *Ares I, in
particular, was the stupidest idea for a crew launch vehicle in the
history of manned spaceflight and I'm happy to see it die!

Your actions seem to prove otherwise. You seem to love everything
about our DARPA and NASA, as though they alone must remain in charge
and the final authority as to whatever other can or can not do.

I've been a supporter of commercial cargo and commercial crew to/from
ISS from day one as well. *It's time to get NASA out of the "routine"
part of spaceflight, which is to and from LEO, so HOPEFULLY NASA can
focus on bigger and better things, like developing in space refueling
technologies, aerospike engines, and etc.

There's nothing currently within NASA that's capable of accomplishing
a damn thing. Most if not all of those Zionist Nazis that got us the
Saturn V have long since flown the coop (so to speak), and apparently
they trained not another soul of how such terrific fly-by-rocket
things should be done.

NASA needs to be reformed into a more NACA like agency. *It should be
developing the technologies which enable commercial space to thrive. *It
should not be in competition with commercial space. *It needs to get out
of the way of commercial space.

That means I really don't want to see any more NASA developed launch
vehicles. *Unfortunately, US politics says otherwise.

Jeff
--
42

Then why not pull the plugs (just like JFK was planning to do) and if
need be shut it down entirely, as well as cutting all previous and
current retirements and those nifty benefits by 50%, because we really
can't afford those either.

When a private sector corporation screws up and goes belly up, and
pretty much dissolves and/or liquidates everything is considered as
accepted by the public as a final solution, then why not have the same
outcome and closure for those of our dysfunctional NASA?

It's not as though other nations don't offer reliable and more
affordable options. Even our USAF has gotten better and cheaper than
anything our NASA has to offer.

~ BG