Spaceship One home footage

Old June 23rd 04, 08:50 PM
John K. Goodman

Default Spaceship One home footage

Hi All,

Heres some home footage from the launch....crappy camerawork on my part,
nothing a good edit cant save though

They ignited the rocket at 50,000 feet and we saw the contrail go
straight up, but it was right in the sun and my camera couldnt focus on
it....too bad

hope you enjoy

http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/Scaled/SpaceshipOne.mov

John K. Goodman - Animation Supervisor
Rhythm & Hues Studios - Los Angeles, CA
http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/index.html

*** this message was printed with recycled electrons ***
Old June 24th 04, 06:29 AM
The Other James

"John K. Goodman" wrote:

Hi All,

Heres some home footage from the launch....crappy camerawork on my part,
nothing a good edit cant save though

They ignited the rocket at 50,000 feet and we saw the contrail go
straight up, but it was right in the sun and my camera couldnt focus on
it....too bad

hope you enjoy

http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/Scaled/SpaceshipOne.mov

Major excellent footage, John! With the crowd hooting and hollering, it
makes you feel like you are right there. I had been under a rock all week
and missed the news footage, so other than a few stills on the 'net, I had
not yet had a chance to see the flight. Thanks!

The Other James

Old June 24th 04, 04:38 PM
John Pelchat

"John K. Goodman" wrote in message news:aalCc.93739$eu.10501@attbi_s02...
Hi All,

Heres some home footage from the launch....crappy camerawork on my part,
nothing a good edit cant save though

They ignited the rocket at 50,000 feet and we saw the contrail go
straight up, but it was right in the sun and my camera couldnt focus on
it....too bad

hope you enjoy

http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/Scaled/SpaceshipOne.mov

John,

Thanks for putting this up. However, right now at your ISP's
location, there are people saying "where are all these freaking (or
some version of that word) hits coming from" as they see the wisps of
smoke rising out of their server. In a moment or so (if not already),
you are not their favorite person.

But thank you, the video is much better than you give yourself credit
for, especially for those who could not be there.

Take care . . .

John
Old June 24th 04, 04:59 PM
John K. Goodman

John Pelchat wrote:

[...]

Thanks John.
I did consider that, however I have thrown far worse at them over the
years and they havent complained yet, so I think they can tough it out.

And thanks for the kind words regarding the actual video too.
I truly wanted to help convey the excitement we all felt of that
historic moment, hopefully it succeeded.

John K. Goodman - Animation Supervisor
Rhythm & Hues Studios - Los Angeles
http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/index.html

*** everyone seems normal until you get to know them ***

Old June 24th 04, 05:01 PM
John K. Goodman

The Other James wrote:

"John K. Goodman" wrote:

Hi All,

Heres some home footage from the launch....crappy camerawork on my part,
nothing a good edit cant save though

They ignited the rocket at 50,000 feet and we saw the contrail go
straight up, but it was right in the sun and my camera couldnt focus on
it....too bad

hope you enjoy

http://users.cwnet.com/jgoodman/Scaled/SpaceshipOne.mov

Major excellent footage, John! With the crowd hooting and hollering, it
makes you feel like you are right there. I had been under a rock all week
and missed the news footage, so other than a few stills on the 'net, I had
not yet had a chance to see the flight. Thanks!

The Other James

my pleasure, it was an amazing morning.