Ronald Reagan mostly responsible for the space shuttle challenger tragedy. Gotta beat those Ruskies

Old June 18th 04, 07:31 PM
LaDonna Wyss

"JimO" wrote in message ...
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote
You have just proven beyond question your stupidity. Protocol is
there for a reason. It is not up to anyone at NASA to decide whether
or not he "doesn't know" it's too cold. PROTOCOL SAID IT WAS TOO
COLD! Protocol says don't launch, you DON'T LAUNCH! (Don't tell me
YOU were the dimwit who made that call?)
LaDonna

This is not the way that responsible operators understand and use these
concepts.

The reason not to launch that morning was that it had not been shown by
testing
that it would be safe to launch under such conditions.

There was no existing protocol or 'flight rule' or
'launch commit criterion that said "Do NOT launch".

Your obvious sincerity is matched by your obvious ignorance and
self-certainty.

But your contribution to understanding this and the Apollo-204 catastrophe
so far is zero,
because of overwhelming flaws in your attitude.

Jim O
www.jamesoberg.com

Thank you so very much for your concerns about my attitude, Mr. Oberg,
but I think that is the least of the issues. You know certainly good
and well there were temperature guidelines for launch. When the
temperature was below those guidelines they were not to launch. That
simple. And, by the way (and I KNOW THIS will get everyone in a
tizzie, but oh, well): I spoke with Jim Lovell at great lengths years
ago, and one of the many issues we discussed was Challenger. I was
ranting about the photos of icicles hanging off her just before
liftoff, and I said, "You wouldn't let a helicopter take off with
icicles hanging off it." To which he shook his head sadly and
replied, "No, you sure wouldn't."
So, why don't you call up your old compadre and ask HIM what he thinks
about that launch?
LaDonna
Old June 18th 04, 07:54 PM
LaDonna Wyss

"JimO" wrote in message ...
[...]

By the way, should you decide to make that phone call, you'll need
some information to remind him of our meeting as he meets zillions of
people: Tell him it was at a restaurant/lounge off Hwy. 101 in
Salinas, CA (about an hour south of San Jose) called Golden West
Restaurant (it was attached to the motel where he was staying, The
Laurel Inn Motel.) It was 1995, we spoke for over two hours, and two
of the striking things he will remember about our conversation was my
getting emotional on the topic of Gus and the fire, and that he told
me I reminded him of his daughter (he didn't say which one, but
judging from age I'm guessing Barbara.)
If you call, please let me know what he says, and tell him I said
hello. :-)
LaDonna
Old June 19th 04, 02:14 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Thank you so very much for your concerns about my attitude, Mr. Oberg,
but I think that is the least of the issues.

Your failure to name the law enforcement personnel you spoke to, and their
jurisdictions, is a more important issue.

Your failure to name the members of your team is a more important issue.

Your utter failure to show respect to the Widow Grissom by taking notes when
looking at the autopsy report is a far more important issue.

Your relationship with "scott" is an impotent issue.

You know certainly good
and well there were temperature guidelines for launch. When the
temperature was below those guidelines they were not to launch. That
simple.

What were those guidelines?

Old June 19th 04, 02:16 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
m...
By the way, should you decide to make that phone call, you'll need
some information to remind him of our meeting as he meets zillions of
people: Tell him it was at a restaurant/lounge off Hwy. 101 in
Salinas, CA (about an hour south of San Jose) called Golden West
Restaurant (it was attached to the motel where he was staying, The
Laurel Inn Motel.) It was 1995, we spoke for over two hours, and two
of the striking things he will remember about our conversation was my
getting emotional on the topic of Gus and the fire, and that he told
me I reminded him of his daughter (he didn't say which one, but
judging from age I'm guessing Barbara.)
If you call, please let me know what he says, and tell him I said
hello. :-)

That's a fine start. Why don't you provide that same information about your
teammates, or the law enforcement personnel you spoke to?

Old June 19th 04, 03:57 AM
OM

LaLiar Wyss-Grissom quiffed:

Tell him it was at a restaurant/lounge off Hwy. 101 in
Salinas, CA (about an hour south of San Jose) called Golden West
Restaurant (it was attached to the motel where he was staying, The
Laurel Inn Motel.)

....Hey, your johns won't appreciate you giving out their secrets like
that. Lemme guess - the reason you won't "out" your team is because
they don't want to admit they had to pay a skank like you for
fellatio.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 19th 04, 05:08 AM
Jazz

"You Gonna Get A Spankin'" wrote in message
m...
Let history show that it was Reagan who said that the show must go on,
that the challenger (aka Skytrain #1) had to go up come hell or high
water so the Ruskies would not leapfrog the Amerikkkans in the space
competition.

Their blood (well, dust, actually) was on his hands. Another thing to
remember the great communicator for - another negative legacy to
remember him by. A tribute to Reagan's true motivations and
character.

Posted to all these groups because all of you have been discussing one
and/or the other of them and I just thought I would reiterate it for
youse.

And this I do pray in my God's name,
(Your) diddy

I completely agree!
Your Friend,
Ron Reagan (Dad's Son)

Old June 19th 04, 03:01 PM
LaDonna Wyss

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote in message . ..
LaLiar Wyss-Grissom quiffed:

Tell him it was at a restaurant/lounge off Hwy. 101 in
Salinas, CA (about an hour south of San Jose) called Golden West
Restaurant (it was attached to the motel where he was staying, The
Laurel Inn Motel.)

...Hey, your johns won't appreciate you giving out their secrets like
that. Lemme guess - the reason you won't "out" your team is because
they don't want to admit they had to pay a skank like you for
fellatio.

OM

NOW you're calling Jim Lovell a "john?" ????!!!!! Mr. Oberg, please
oh PLEASE show this post to him!
OM, you decline further with every post. How in the WORLD do you make
it in Austin?
LaDonna
Old June 19th 04, 09:41 PM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
NOW you're calling Jim Lovell a "john?"

I've met Tom Stafford. LaToya, you're no Al Shepard!

Old June 19th 04, 10:39 PM
LaDonna Wyss

"Jazz" wrote in message ...
[...]

It always amazes me when the crazies come out of the woodwork after
someone's death. Ron Reagan would NEVER post such a thing, "Jazz",
you gutless wonder.
Old June 20th 04, 03:47 PM
Roger Balettie

"Stuf4" wrote:
That's what's so shocking, LaDonna. MOD has never been held
accountable for their failure to scrub 51-L.

We've been through this before, Stuf... you have yet to convince *anyone*
who posted here that your wild and slanderous accusations were in any way
accurate.

The very people who called -Go- for launch on that icy morning are
today *running NASA*.

Cite?

Did you know that Gene Kranz himself was in the MOCR during the poll?

Gene retired some ten years ago. How is he "running NASA"?

While astronauts die, the teflon shield around MOD keeps certain folks
well protected.

Vacuous dribble... no basis in fact or reality.

Roger
--
Roger Balettie
former Flight Dynamics Officer