OT - Just no originality anymore...

Old October 21st 08, 12:46 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default OT - Just no originality anymore...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

:-(

Old October 21st 08, 01:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Look; they've got the women in miniskirts and boots again!:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4164654080/tt0796366
This could be a retro-riot! :-D
Lot's more he http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20233502,00.html

Pat

Old October 21st 08, 02:01 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Alan Erskine wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Look; they've got the women in miniskirts and boots again!:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4164654080/tt0796366
This could be a retro-riot! :-D
Lot's more he http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20233502,00.html

Yeah, but why don't they just have new characters instead of copying other
people all the time??? grrrrr

I mean, Zoe Saldana just isn't 'built' like Uhura. Uhura was BUILT!, but
this woman is skinny and flat-chested
(http://www.herospy.com/wp-content/2007/Zoe_Saldana.jpg;
http://images.askmen.com/galleries/a...-picture-1.jpg)
by comparison.

I suppose it is the latest (and unfortunately not the last) sign of the
death of Hollywood and the birth (or re-birth) of Copywood. very
disappointed

Old October 21st 08, 08:41 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
I mean, Zoe Saldana just isn't 'built' like Uhura. Uhura was BUILT!

Tell me about it!
I never appreciated that fact till I saw the series in reruns at around
age 25...Uhura was "built like a brick ****house" as they say here in
the US.
And that miniskirt of hers was more like a wide belt. :-D

Pat
Old October 21st 08, 08:50 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

Tell me about it!
I never appreciated that fact till I saw the series in reruns at
around age 25...Uhura was "built like a brick ****house" as they say
here in the US.
And that miniskirt of hers was more like a wide belt. :-D

I've thought about this...and I think there is a explanation that fits
the ST universe.... Uhura got Silica-Lifeform-Based-Implants at some
point between this movie and TOS.
Although she's still likely to punch out anyone who implies she's a "Hot
Little Horta" of some sort. :-)

Pat
Old October 21st 08, 11:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Alan Erskine wrote:
I mean, Zoe Saldana just isn't 'built' like Uhura. Uhura was BUILT!

Tell me about it!
I never appreciated that fact till I saw the series in reruns at around
age 25...Uhura was "built like a brick ****house" as they say here in the
US.

Hell, I appreciated Uhura's build when I was about eight (1972) - but I was
an early bloomer... ;-)

And that miniskirt of hers was more like a wide belt. :-D

....and aren't we happy about that too!

Mind you, I had a 'thing' for Judy Robinson out of Lost in Space first - it
was only a small 'thing' back then, but it got bigger as I got older wide
grin

Old October 21st 08, 02:03 PM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_3_]

Alan Erskine wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

If Scotty is Simon Pegg, Kirk should be Nick Frost:

Kirk: Take us to warp 12, Scotty.
Scotty: Two seconds mate.
Old October 21st 08, 03:35 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Actually, I know a lot of Star Trek fans which will see this. Going back to
just before TOS should be very interesting.

Mostly, I've been into super hero type movies. Ironman was very good.
Both the recent Batman movies have been excellent. Even The Punisher (2004)
was good even though it lacked a lot of the CGI special effects in today's
movies.

I'm almost finished reading Watchmen, and if the movie is anything like the
graphic novel, it will be very good.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old October 21st 08, 03:36 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
Look; they've got the women in miniskirts and boots again!:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4164654080/tt0796366
This could be a retro-riot! :-D
Lot's more he http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20233502,00.html

Awesome, isn't it? :-)

Jeff

Old October 21st 08, 03:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

The USS Kelvin (NCC-0514) looks like it's going to be pretty cool.

Jeff