[FA] Shameless on-topic ebay auction promo

Old July 22nd 03, 04:16 PM
John Fongheiser

Default [FA] Shameless on-topic ebay auction promo

I suppose this group would actually be relieved to see an on-topic post,
even if it is an ebay auction promotion.

I have made some very nice Apollo Control Handle displays for sale on ebay.
These are models molded from an actual Apollo Rotation Control. Have a look
at:

Thank you. Now back to the mayhem....

--
John Fongheiser
President, Historic Space Systems

Old July 22nd 03, 04:34 PM
Hallerb

Thank you. Now back to the mayhem....

Hey very nice.
Old July 22nd 03, 09:09 PM
John Fongheiser

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...

...You know, if some game controller manufacturer had a clue, they'd
release a *working* controller molded after that one.

OM

Thrustmaster made the Millennium 3D with the look and function of the
shuttle joystick, and it went nowhere, mostly because the movement was
unnatural to gamers used to regular joystick rotations. But still, you'd
think the Apollo grip would be cool enough to use.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:48 PM
OM

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:16:47 -0400, "John Fongheiser"
wrote:

I suppose this group would actually be relieved to see an on-topic post,
even if it is an ebay auction promotion.

I have made some very nice Apollo Control Handle displays for sale on ebay.
These are models molded from an actual Apollo Rotation Control. Have a look
at:

....You know, if some game controller manufacturer had a clue, they'd
release a *working* controller molded after that one.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 23rd 03, 06:37 AM
Joseph Nebus

"John Fongheiser" writes:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...

...You know, if some game controller manufacturer had a clue, they'd
release a *working* controller molded after that one.

Thrustmaster made the Millennium 3D with the look and function of the
shuttle joystick, and it went nowhere, mostly because the movement was
unnatural to gamers used to regular joystick rotations. But still, you'd
think the Apollo grip would be cool enough to use.

I'm still waiting for someone to release a computer keyboard
based on the Linotype layout. In the struggle to find an ever-more geeky
way to show technological prowess it'd be hard to beat that, apart from
maybe finding a way to incorporate the Analytical Engine in your hardware.

Joseph Nebus