Eugene Cernan wants to go back to the past

Old October 13th 06, 07:30 PM posted to sci.environment,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.impeach.bush
Fred J. McCall

Default Eugene Cernan wants to go back to the past

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Mike Combs wrote:
: : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote in message
: : : : oups.com...
: : : :
: : : : I don't believe that the Bush handlers in Big Oil would entrust their
: : : : gas price dial to Bush. They keep that dial to themselves and use it
: : : : for politcal reason as THEY see fit.
: : : :
: : : : Bush is their puppet.
: : : :
: : : : So why were gas prices low under Clinton? Big oil was working hard to keep
: : : : Clinton popular?
: : : :
: : : :No, Clinton was not afraid to use the US reserve and actually did. He
: : : :and Gore started using the US reserve in the summer of 2000 when the
: : : rice of gas started to go up.
: : :
: : : No, I believe they THREATENED to do that, but it never actually
: : : happened. The problem there wasn't a shortage of crude; it was a
: : : shortage of immediate refinery capacity. Opening SPR would have done
: : : nothing to fix the problem.
: : :
: : :Nothing, yet the price oif gas did stablize. Seems said threat worked.
: :
: : Nope. Price went up. Price went back down. Pretty much just like
: : now.
: :
: :Except that gas is double the figures of back then.
:
: Uh, so what? I'd suggest you talk to the Chinese about that.
:
: :Stop apologizing
: :for the Republicans as it makes you look like a twit.
:
: I'm not apologizing for anyone, you idiot. I just recognize reality
: for what it is.
:
: : I note how you dodge simply admitting you were wrong. SPR fill went
: : UP through the Clinton Administration.
: :
: :No Fred, when gas started to go up FOR NO REASON Clinton and Gore KNEW
: :it was a politcal ploy to help the Republicans. Their response was to
: :start using the reserve to combat the hikes. The fact they didn't have
: :to use the reserve is incidental to the argument.
:
: Oh, I see. You're just a ****ing loon.
:
: Cite for your preceding paragraph, El Chimpo?
:
:Star here, McClod:
:http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/econo.../oil_2-17.html

I'll simply note that this in no way supports your claim of "Clinton
and Gore KNEW it was a politcal ploy to help the Republicans". Quite
the opposite, in fact.

Again, cite for your original claim, El Chimpo?

:And why only in the northeast, McClod? The main concentration of blue
:states...

From your own cite:

"In the Northeast the impact has been particularly harsh because from
the mid-Atlantic states to New England, many families still rely on
home heating oil-- a source of heating no longer used in the rest of
the country."
-- President W.J. Clinton

: Jesus, Eric, every time I think you might actually have worked your
: intellectual way up to 'dull normal' you bleat out something like the
: preceding...
:
:You're clueless...

And yet you're the one who apparently can't even read his own
inappropriate cites for content.

territory."
--G. Behn

~ A Morning Wood Self ~ Help Agenda ~ ! Twittering One Misc 34 May 23rd 05 10:10 AM
Pres. Kerry's NASA ed kyle Policy 354 March 11th 04 07:05 PM
Wesley Clark Support Warp Drive, Time Travel Mark R. Whittington Policy 97 October 17th 03 03:10 AM
Incontrovertible Evidence Cash Astronomy Misc 1 August 24th 03 07:22 PM