Yuri Gagarin proudly parading with father and mother

Old July 16th 05, 11:49 AM
Photocollector

Default Yuri Gagarin proudly parading with father and mother

In 1961 Yuri Gagarin (after his first spaceflight) proudly walked with his
father and mother through the streets in Moscow.
Have I ever seen such a thing in the USA?
Please see the picture on this site: www.servatius.blogspot.com
Old July 16th 05, 11:59 AM
Rusty

Photocollector wrote:
In 1961 Yuri Gagarin (after his first spaceflight) proudly walked with his
father and mother through the streets in Moscow.
Have I ever seen such a thing in the USA?

No, because Yuri Gagarin and his parents never visited the USA.

;-p

Rusty

Old July 16th 05, 10:39 PM
Joe Delphi

"Photocollector" wrote in message
In 1961 Yuri Gagarin (after his first spaceflight) proudly walked with his
father and mother through the streets in Moscow.
Have I ever seen such a thing in the USA?
Please see the picture on this site: www.servatius.blogspot.com

Most of the astronauts that received tickertape parades in New York City
rode in the parades with at least their wife and sometimes their children
too. Not sure if their parents were part of the parade.

JD

Old July 16th 05, 11:35 PM
Dave Michelson

Joe Delphi wrote:
"Photocollector" wrote in message

In 1961 Yuri Gagarin (after his first spaceflight) proudly walked with his
father and mother through the streets in Moscow.
Have I ever seen such a thing in the USA?
Please see the picture on this site: www.servatius.blogspot.com

Most of the astronauts that received tickertape parades in New York City
rode in the parades with at least their wife and sometimes their children
too. Not sure if their parents were part of the parade.

IIRC, Gene Cernan and his parents participated in major events and
parades in Bellwood, IL following Gemini IX (and possibly Apollo 17).

--
Dave Michelson

Old July 18th 05, 01:33 AM
Larry Haines

Hard to believe soon afterward, he became a human toasted marshmallow

Old July 18th 05, 06:56 AM
Barbara Kaufman

"Larry Haines" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hard to believe soon afterward, he became a human toasted marshmallow

You need help.