OT - Glenn Beck shows us all what _real_ courage looks like

Old September 6th 10, 01:36 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Quadibloc

Default OT - Glenn Beck shows us all what _real_ courage looks like

On Sep 5, 9:00*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

Do Mormons believe in Santa Claus, like normal people do?

A few years back, the Christmas season was marked by two movies about
Santa Claus.

I remember the idea crossing my mind to make the Santa Claus movie to
end all Santa Claus movies.

We start with the real St. Nicholas, in Poland... a tall skinny guy
who was a teacher, and strict with his charges - and as he is in his
old age, an angel appears to him, and informs him that God has a
special mission for him. And so he is taken to the North Pole, where
he meets a band of elves living inside the Hollow Earth through its
polar entrance.

The angel explains that these elves used to live on the Earth's
surface, but had to leave when the Earth changed as the result of a
great battle against the Powers of Darkness in which they played an
important role. (Details are left vague to avoid a suit by the Tolkien
estate.)

In any case, St. Nicholas is to become the agent of a continuing
miracle each Christmas morning as a witness to the world of the power
of God...

John Savard
Old September 6th 10, 04:57 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_1113_]

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:

On 9/5/2010 2:17 PM, Quadibloc wrote:

As far as Glenn Beck's courage is concerned, though, well - he
probably isn't terrified that Santa Claus is not going to bring
him anything for Christmas either.

Do Mormons believe in Santa Claus, like normal people do?

Do North Dakotans believe in Santa Clause, like human beings do?

Mormons are from North Dakota?

No, but Pat is...

Not **** sherlock.

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old September 6th 10, 08:01 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 9/6/2010 4:36 AM, Quadibloc wrote:

We start with the real St. Nicholas, in Poland... a tall skinny guy
who was a teacher, and strict with his charges - and as he is in his
old age, an angel appears to him, and informs him that God has a
special mission for him. And so he is taken to the North Pole, where
he meets a band of elves living inside the Hollow Earth through its
polar entrance.

Brilliant! Santa Claus Vs. The Deros is bound to be a big hit!
And it must have Pia Zadora in it, as she has already helped him fight
Martians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_C...s_the_Martians
Now, lets get up to speed on Deros:
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0507/innerearth.html
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0507/innerearth2.html
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0507/innerearth3.html
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0507/innerearth4.html
As can be seen, Santa's helpers are Teros that make toys for good boys
and girls...the Deros though make sex toys for bad boys and girls.
The scene where the Deros capture Pia Zadora and start to use those sex
toys on her is bound to be the climax of the film, and I mean that in
every way imaginable.

Pat

Old September 6th 10, 08:15 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 9/6/2010 7:57 AM, Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Do North Dakotans believe in Santa Clause, like human beings do?

Mormons are from North Dakota?

No, but Pat is...

Not **** sherlock.

We do have Mormons in town, and now a whole pile of new Somali Muslims:
http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2010/au...jamestown.aspx
Watching a Somali woman wearing a Burqa trying to get into a car without
getting some of the Burqa caught in the door when she closes it is
really something. I expect the giant concrete buffalo that is our town's
tourist trap to be destroyed shortly as a affront to Allah's laws about
portraying animals in art.
Our new female mayor probably lives in fear of being stoned to death if
she is alone with a man who is not a member of here immediate family, or
demonstrates an ability to read. ;-)

Pat

Old September 7th 10, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Quadibloc

On Sep 6, 1:01*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

Brilliant! Santa Claus Vs. The Deros is bound to be a big hit!

I can't take credit for that idea, as while I was thinking of "hollow
earth" pseudoscience, I wasn't including the Shaver Mystery. I was
just having the Elves go inside a newly created and previously empty
hollow earth instead of a parallel-universe flat earth so as to
slightly reduce the obviousness of my plagiarization of The Lord of
the Rings.

Mind you, while putting Pia Zadora in an Excessive Machine wouldn't be
part of my plan, if I could work Dian the Magnificent or a close
equivalent thereof into the plot, I could at least give the movie
_some_ sex appeal.

John Savard
Old September 7th 10, 09:40 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 9/6/2010 7:09 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
On Sep 6, 1:01 pm, Pat wrote:

Brilliant! Santa Claus Vs. The Deros is bound to be a big hit!

I can't take credit for that idea, as while I was thinking of "hollow
earth" pseudoscience, I wasn't including the Shaver Mystery.

I'll tell you one thing; you read the outline of that, with Deros doing
all the evil in the world and using beams to screw with people's minds,
and you are reading a early classic case of clinical paranoid
schizophrenia.
We all know what will stop those rays - the aluminum-foil cap.

Pat

Old September 7th 10, 02:38 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David McArthur[_2_]

On 5 Sep, 19:22, Pat Flannery wrote:
BTW, that's supposed to be "Hagia Sophia" not "Haggis Sophia".
Although I can picture those worthless damn turncoat protestant Scots
actually trying to build a church out of sheep's **** bladders stuffed
with oats and suet, I doubt that it would have survived anywhere near
this long, or that the forces of Islam would want anything to do with it
at around the time they saw around a million flies gathering around it
on taking Constantinople.

Pat

I'll have you know that Haggis lasts forever - as not even the decay
causing bacteria can stomach it! :-)
(a shot of whiskey helps with disgestion!)

David
(*&£"^%*estant Scot)
Old September 7th 10, 05:22 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Paul Madarasz

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:04:34 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Sep 6, 1:15*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

Watching a Somali woman wearing a Burqa trying to get into a car without
getting some of the Burqa caught in the door when she closes it is
really something.

I found it amusing seeing, in a shopping mall that once housed a non-
retail business where I worked, a young woman wearing a hijab - and a
jacket that proclaimed the initials of the United Kingdom branch of
the clothing chain French Connection. I did not know if she was the
victim of a prank, or sliding something past her parents.

John Savard

Where I live, there are a few women who wear sorta skimpy summer
(lightweight, short) dresses with their hijab.
Old September 7th 10, 08:37 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery wrote:
BTW, did you ever realize the real problem with the Hollow Earth
(besides needing a shell of something as strong as diamond and as heavy
as depleted uranium to keep it from collapsing and still maintain the
Earth's gravity strength)? Unlike Pellucidar in Burroughs' books, you
don't go drilling through the outer shell and have the gravity field
reverse as you get halfway through, so that you can now stand on the
inside of the shell.

etc.

Pat, easily handwaved away by saying that the Earth's 'surface' is actually
sitting high on top of a shell of solid neutronium[1] that we just haven't dug
down far enough through the molten mantel to hit it. The shell is thick enough
to generate its own gravity so once through that hollow shell then you
naturally stick to the other side. Unless you reach the exact center of the
whole she bang, thus the center of the Earth, which is all air, is also
weightless.

Or, maybe the Earth is just a series of concentric shells supporting each
other on a cushion of air.

Or... maybe... wait, I need another hit from the bong to complete that idea....

:-)

Dave

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutronium
Old September 7th 10, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Damien Valentine

McCall, Mr. Flannery says offensive things with almost every post he
makes. They're obviously attempts at humor from somebody born before
the Age of Political Correctness, and bear no actual bigotry. If
you're going to start taking exception to them all, you're going to
give yourself some kind of rupture.