global warming hoax

Old December 10th 09, 12:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default global warming hoax

On Dec 10, 10:46*am, Thomas Womack

On Dec 9, 8:35 pm, "Nightcrawler" wrote:
http://surfacestations.org/

These plus tree rings = bull?

If you are trying to measure temperature increases of 1 C, you would
certainly want to ignore readings that are off by more than that
amount.

a) To complain that you can't measure small signals in the presence of
large noise seems particularly dubious in an astronomy newsgroup; look
at some raw planetary transit light-curves, look at the raw spectra
that you get accurate RV data from. *Planet-hunting is all about
calibrating and subtracting off enormous systematic effects in order
to find tiny interesting ones.

Another scam based on harping on trivia when none of you can handle
direct observations of a planet orbiting a star in the Fomalhaut
system -

http://www.phys.ncku.edu.tw/~astrola...ut_hst_lab.jpg

Here is the most exciting set of images which allows orbital
comparisons and you can't even figure out that Kepler's relationship
between orbital periods and orbital distances from a star,calculated
using an Earth proportion of 1;1 does not work. irrespective of his
excellent insights on orbital motions and geometry.

You frauds have dwelt on spurious reasoning for so long that none of
you can grasp that you are flat Earthers by fact and by nature,unable
even to give the correct value for the daily rotation of the Earth
through 360 degrees..

b) How do you know they're off?

You must be comparing the results with some other data source. *If the
readings are uncorrelated with the actual temperature, yes, you can't
use those ones, but if there's a correlation than you can calibrate it
in: "our model for the climate says the average summer temperature
here should be about 28 with standard deviation 3, our model for the
instrument says that at a temperature X it will read X + 1.6 +
0.002*(T-1900) + normal(0,1.3), it is 2000 and the average summer
temperature recorded is 27, that's marginal evidence against".

Tom

Old December 10th 09, 05:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On Dec 9, 9:52*pm, Quadibloc wrote:

The United States stands for freedom;

FWIW, it also stands for abuse, debt (at all levels), waste, torture
(incidentally), and many more civilians casualties worldwide than the
Talibans and al-Qaeda. It's the de-facto Empire, with its nice
complement of miniature death stars. Now, it is relatively benign
compared to the empires of the past, mostly because the wold as a
whole has been making at least some progress. What it does isn't as
bad as we Belgians did in Congo an the late 19th century, or what
other nations in a position of power did in the past. But that
improvement, somewhat fortunately, a global trend. Genocide and
complete extermination aren't considered justifiable acts anymore, and
we can all be happy for that.

al-Qaeda and the Taliban and Hezbollah are evil.

Sure, the same argument has been used over and over throughout
history. Some God is always with the good side, and the bad guys are
always fundamentally Evil. Empires always need some kind of abstract
remote archetypal evil to focus on. Remember when Kaddafi was the uber-
evil? Or Castro? The list is endless.

Of course we use force against them; and the same
moral situation operates as when police deal with bank robbers - it is

Except that the executive, legislative and judiciary branch are, in
that case, one. And eventually, because you feel morally justified to
go after yet another archetypal villain such as Saddam (which you
eventually created), for non existent reasons, faking alibis, hundreds
of thousands of civilians suffer or die while Big Fat Eunice is fed
and entertained. Feeding Big Fat Eunice and allowing her to fall into
deep debt is essential for the Imperial system to work. But it has
drawbacks, whose macro-economical consequences on the position of the
Empire in the world are becoming more and more evident. To some
extent, self regulation at work. The next 50 years are definitely
going to be interesting.

legitimate for the police to use force against violent thieves, it is
not legitimate for the violent thieves to use force against the
police.

History has it the other way though. Whenever an Empire collapsed or
was defeated, the heroes were the Rebels. Not that they are
intrinsically better, but simply because all Empires abuse their
position right up to the breaking point and people feel compelled to
act.

The Arab world should be resettling the Palestinians. The loss of
Israel is not because they are paying for what the Nazis did, it is
because they're paying for what their ancestors did to the Jews of
Palestine, even as, for example, Egypt does to its Coptic Christian
minority.

Oh, I see. Actually, I believe there is a reasonable chance that some
Savard did something to a Vandevenne at some point in the past (or who
knows, it could be the opposite), the Hundred Years War maybe?.
Therefore I don't like Savards and I think they should be, at the very
least, relocated to Antartica.

Old December 10th 09, 06:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Nightcrawler

"starburst" wrote in message ...
Check out what this liar is saying. *Obviously* nonsense:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/0...t-darwin-zero/

Talking about yourself again?

Old December 10th 09, 07:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Dec 10, 10:03*am, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
Now, it is relatively benign
compared to the empires of the past, mostly because the wold as a
whole has been making at least some progress. What it does isn't as
bad as we Belgians did in Congo an the late 19th century, or what
other nations in a position of power did in the past. But that
improvement, somewhat fortunately, a global trend. Genocide and
complete extermination aren't considered justifiable acts anymore, and
we can all be happy for that.

The United States is also "benign" compared to its opponents of the
present day.

China and its "black prisons" and Tienanmen Square and so on.

Russia, and its manufacturing of a pretext to invade Georgia, and how
its corrupt government prevented Kasparov's party from providing a
genuine democratic alternative in their elections.

North Korea. Egypt, which as I've mentioned, mistreats the Coptic
Christians in the present day.

So I have a very one-sided view of world politics that favors the
industrialized nations, the liberal democracies, against dictatorships
of every kind. It is legitimate to question what the industrialized
nations are doing to the *people* of the world's poor countries, but
to make it possible to make much progress in fixing that, the
*governments* of most of the world's poor countries are an obstacle
that would have to be pushed out of the way first.

John Savard
Old December 10th 09, 09:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown

Quadibloc wrote:
On Dec 10, 10:03 am, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
Now, it is relatively benign
compared to the empires of the past, mostly because the wold as a
whole has been making at least some progress. What it does isn't as
bad as we Belgians did in Congo an the late 19th century, or what
other nations in a position of power did in the past. But that
improvement, somewhat fortunately, a global trend. Genocide and
complete extermination aren't considered justifiable acts anymore, and
we can all be happy for that.

The United States is also "benign" compared to its opponents of the
present day.

Even that is less than clear cut. "Land of the free" has the highest per
capita incarceration rate of any country on the planet including nasty
states where failing to display posters of "the great leader" can get
you put away. Side effect of the paranoid zero tolerance "war on drugs".

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/rese...ory=wb_poprate

Definitely something for the USA to be proud of - locking up a larger
proportion of its population than any other country. I don't believe
Americans are that much less law abiding than people in other countries.

Although having said that I have only ever been shot at in the USA, as
was my supervisor with semi automatics and he had permanent scarring
from an encounter with US police. As did another UK historian who was
beaten up by half a dozen plainclothes police for jaywalking in Atlanta!

http://hnn.us/articles/33409.html#Day3

It was asking to see the policemans ID that got him the severe beating
and arrest (in the UK police have to display their ID on shoulders).

China and its "black prisons" and Tienanmen Square and so on.

And exactly how is that different to Gitmo Bay and the Abu Graib fiasco.

It isn't torture when Americans waterboard suspected terrorists because
the USA doesn't recognise the Geneva Convention. Or at least that is
what WAR CRIMINALS Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld would have you believe.
Bush will probably get off by claiming the defense of diminished
responsibility. Invading Iraq was a great scheme to transfer taxpayer
dollars to the likes of Halliburton and other Republicon sponsors.

I doubt it will ever come to the international court but it should. And
our own Tony B.Liar should be on trail with them. Regretably so should
Colin Powell the only credible US Republican for his purgery at the UN.

Russia, and its manufacturing of a pretext to invade Georgia, and how
its corrupt government prevented Kasparov's party from providing a
genuine democratic alternative in their elections.

Make no mistake Russia and the ex-KGB can be very nasty customers. They
are still the only ones to have used radionucleides for assassination in
the UK and the perp will likely never be brought to justice.

Not sure Kasparov would have been any better than the present encumbent.
And Bush era US elections with their hanging chads and deregistered
voters are more like those of a banana republic than a world super power.

North Korea. Egypt, which as I've mentioned, mistreats the Coptic
Christians in the present day.

North Korea already has Nukes so you have to be polite to them. And you
can thank that halfwit Dubya for his stupidity in letting them get that far.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old December 10th 09, 11:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Skywatcher

This being an astronomy ng, there shouldn't be any problem here
comprehending what's really going on...here's a hint:

MAUNDER MINIMUM

Here's another:

http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=3106
Old December 11th 09, 08:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On Dec 10, 10:59*pm, Martin Brown
wrote:

Make no mistake Russia and the ex-KGB can be very nasty customers. They
are still the only ones to have used radionucleides for assassination in
the UK and the perp will likely never be brought to justice.

The Russians are so small minded! Why can't they set up a proper large
scale assassination program like the CIA one? Or hire private
contractors? Any cost conscious assassination program manager would
have thought about this already. And lets not even talk about the
Chinese... they haven't been able to bring to justice anyone involved
in the destruction of their embassy.
Old December 11th 09, 11:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Dec 10, 4:59 pm, Martin Brown
wrote:
Quadibloc wrote:
[...]

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/rese...f/wpb_stats.ph...

Compare and contrast for us the relative rankings of the US VI (#6)
versus the British VI (#7) which have similar rates.

Are countries such as Iraq, Iran very safe compared to the US?

Does this table include political prisoners?

Crime has been going down in the US over the last 15-20 years. Is
this due to:

Criminals in prison can't commit crimes?

Fewer criminals?

Deterent effect?

Definitely something for the USA to be proud of - locking up a larger
proportion of its

criminal

population than any other country. I don't believe
Americans are that much less law abiding than people in other countries.

Although having said that I have only ever been shot at in the USA, as
was my supervisor with semi automatics and he had permanent scarring
from an encounter with US police. As did another UK historian who was
beaten up by half a dozen plainclothes police for jaywalking in Atlanta!

http://hnn.us/articles/33409.html#Day3

Is it better to let pedestrians get hit by motor vehicles?

It was asking to see the policemans ID that got him the severe beating
and arrest (in the UK police have to display their ID on shoulders).

China and its "black prisons" and Tienanmen Square and so on.

How many political prisoners in China?

And exactly how is that different to Gitmo Bay and the Abu Graib fiasco.

Um, the Chinese dissidents were protesting against a brutal,
repressive government, whereas Guantanamo is for terrorists. The
events at Abu Graib were not condoned by the US government and the
responsible parties were punished.

It isn't torture when Americans waterboard suspected terrorists because
the USA doesn't recognise the Geneva Convention.

Maybe loud music (maybe from some crummy European pop band) could be
piped into the terrorists' cells 24/7/365 until they break down and
confess. How would that be more humane?

Or at least that is
what WAR CRIMINALS Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld would have you believe.
Bush will probably get off by claiming the defense of diminished
responsibility. Invading Iraq was a great scheme to transfer taxpayer
dollars to the likes of Halliburton and other Republicon sponsors.

As opposed to the current situation where money is given to automakers
who build cars that not enough people want to buy.

[...]

What do North Korean nukes have to do with Egyptian mistreatment of
Coptic Christians? Has there been any widespread persecution of Coptic
Christians in the US?
Old December 11th 09, 05:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On Dec 11, 12:16*pm, wrote:

criminal

So you are saying that either

- the US is roughly an order of magnitude better at putting criminals
behind bars than other countries such as France, Finland, Japan?
If that is the case, the US should have roughly an order of magnitude
less crime, right?

(Exercise for the reader: assuming 0.76% of the population is in jail
at any given time, and assuming a six month average sentence, what is
the percentage of USians that will experience jail in their lifetime?
Oh, the math is not as simple, you mean those guys are repeat
offenders? How could they? Are criminals constantly released then?
Scary!)

- the US population contains roughly an order of magnitude more
criminals than other countries such as France, Finland, Japan and the
the proportion behind bars is equivalent?

Of course, it could also be that in US, while it is allowed not to
have a Cheney poster in ones shop, other activities are considered
criminal enough to warrant jail sentences. What could it be,
jaywalking? We already know that massive non-US civilian killings by
US citizens don't deserve jail because they are just an unfortunate
side effect of the war against evil whose burden you carry on our
behalf.

Therefore, it must be something else. It has to be since you are more
"free" out there.

But thinking about it, yes, you are right: if 99.999999 % of the
Belgian population was in jail, I would enjoy an unprecedented amount
of freedom.

Old December 11th 09, 11:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Peter Webb[_2_]

But thinking about it, yes, you are right: if 99.999999 % of the
Belgian population was in jail, I would enjoy an unprecedented amount
of freedom.

Most of the criminals in jails in the US are black. The rate of criminality
amongst white Americans is not that different to the rate of criminality of
white Belgians, or to the OECD average. Unlike Belgium, the US has a large
black subculture where criminality is tolerated, and that is where the
criminals overwhelmingly come from. And nor is this because US blacks are
generally poorer and economically disadvantaged; the demographics of US
Latinos is very similar to US blacks, but Latinos far smaller rate of
criminality. It is specifically within the black subculture.