MEDIACOM EMAIL DOWN TO MILLIONS!

Old December 14th 09, 05:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
jerry warner[_26_]

Default MEDIACOM EMAIL DOWN TO MILLIONS!

Beginning last week all email services for the millions of
Mediacom customers began to fail after Mediacom
apparently transferred it email services to some some
band of convicts sitting in a tent, in some secret chamber
below flood ravaged Cedar Rapids, Iowa!

Mediacom at 1-800-332-2405 says "emails are delayed
and we are working on the problem, we are sorry if you
have been "inconvenienced" "! Mediacom also advises
that the problem has been traced to IE and Outlook
clients, the same clients Mediacom requires its customers
use.

Most Mediacom costumers are receiving no email at all
which includes email from any Yahoo Group ....

Being supporters of business and anarchy, KCRG-TV
and CAA astronomers are refusing to notify anyone of
the problem. By the close of business on Friday, the Iowa
City Cable Administrator has received approximently
10,000 complaints!

Media is talking no SERVICE calls from its customers at present!

Good luck!

Old December 14th 09, 06:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
jerry warner[_26_]

Sam Wormley wrote:

On 12/13/09 11:13 PM, jerry warner wrote:
[...]

http://news.google.com/news/search?q=mediacom

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...ter-switchover

Mediacom has 700,000 Internet customers nationally. An unknown number use e-mail through
the mchsi.com domain. Peters said this week's migration involved more than a million
mailboxes, because some customers have more than one mailbox.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...problems-fixed

Mediacom says it has resolved most problems with its e-mail, after some customers were
left without the service for three days.

Spokeswoman Phyllis Peters said today that customers should have most of their missing
mail restored, as well their old e-mail folders.

“Customers should be able to receive e-mails within seconds,” Peters said.

Sending e-mails may take longer, but engineers were working to reduce the time it took to
send to other e-mail systems, such as Gmail, Hotmail or AOL, she said.

Try sending me an email Sam.

The key phrase in your attached is:
'Sending e-mails may take longer, but engineers were working to reduce the time it took to send to other e-mail systems, such
as Gmail, Hotmail or AOL, Yahoo she said.'

I havent received any email from any source since Wednesday. All email in the system since Wednesday
is lost/deleted.

I can however send an email to myself.

In addition to its 700k individual customers MCHSI
also (is paid to) route email for others including a number
of businesses and their charges are high. The system is in total chaos.

The rumor here is Mediacom has been looking all along
for a lower cost system for its individual users, to force them all on webmail vrs personal mail through browsers
and clients? What they have done may be the first step
in this ... without any warning which is Mediacom's
methodology. The City of Dubuque reacted quickly and
TERMINATED their franchise with Mediacom last
Wednesday!

Send me an email and lets see if I get it - my adr is in
the header. I have received no email at all except from
myself as a test, since last Wednesday.

Jerry

email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK Astronomy 0 April 5th 07 09:37 PM
Bird flu + KFC = Millions to Die ?? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 85 May 2nd 06 04:37 AM
Bird flu + KFC = Millions to Die ?? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 1 April 27th 06 02:07 PM
Euro Millions ah Misc 0 January 28th 06 04:56 PM
Euro Millions Saul Levy Misc 1 January 27th 06 08:05 PM