Software to print all sky charts like in Machholz's Messier Marathon

Old July 13th 03, 02:22 PM
PrisNo6

Default Software to print all sky charts like in Machholz's Messier Marathon

I am interested in printing out some charts in the "all-sky" format
used by David Machholz in his Messier Marathon. E.g. Chart 3.2 at pp.
41 to 3.22 at pp. 61. His book says he used "Deepsky 3-D", software to
which I find no references in a web search.

Are there any other software programs that will print charts in this
format? Or is this a reference to Deepsky 2000?

- Thanks Kurt
Old July 13th 03, 04:36 PM
SabiaJohn

Kurt,

I believe the software your are looking for is by David Chandler (
http://www.davidchandler.com ). I have used my register copy of this software
to produce many maps, especialy one for the Virgo galaxy cluster. Note, it was
written for DOS, there is no Windows version that I am aware of.

John D. Sabia