Name This Person

Old May 5th 04, 05:29 AM
Stuf4

Default Name This Person

I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

(Hint: not Muslim.)
Old May 5th 04, 07:12 AM
John Hearsey

"Stuf4" wrote in message
om...
I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

Was going to say Winston Churchill but in addition to being the Butcher of
Tonypandy, using chemical weapons against the Kurds and wrecking the British
economy in the 1920s it was a literature prize, not a peace prize that he
won... He probably won that prize like the 1951 election - someone else
finished with more votes but some failure in the system gave it to him.

(Hint: not Muslim.)

Old May 5th 04, 12:35 PM
OM

"Stuf4" wrote in message
. com...
I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

....Your mother, obviously.

Kids, *please* don't respond to this troll any further. This is his
standard tactic - he starts what appears to be a normal thread, then
turns it into a bull**** conspiracy theory. Don't fall for it, just
put the worthless little ******* in Killfile Hell and be done with
him.

Please.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 5th 04, 04:56 PM
Scott Hedrick

I hereby name this person Stuffie.

Old May 6th 04, 02:08 PM
Stuf4

From John Hearsey:
"Stuf4" wrote
I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

Was going to say Winston Churchill but in addition to being the Butcher of
Tonypandy, using chemical weapons against the Kurds and wrecking the British
economy in the 1920s it was a literature prize, not a peace prize that he
won... He probably won that prize like the 1951 election - someone else
finished with more votes but some failure in the system gave it to him.

Churchill was indeed a man of many accomplishments, weapons of mass
destruction being one. Artistic painting being another.

(Hint: not Muslim.)

Another hint: this thread not being labeled as Off Topic was intentional.

~ CT
Old May 6th 04, 02:35 PM
Stuf4

From Rusty Barton:
On 4 May 2004 21:29:22 -0700, (Stuf4)
wrote:

I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

(Hint: not Muslim.)

Mikhail Gorbachev.

If we were to pin down the Nobel laureate who also starred in a Pizza
Hut commercial, then Gorby would be it.

Story-
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/12/03/email/pizza/
Photo-
http://www.savannahnow.com/images/120901/full_gorby.jpg

....though I'm not sure how the other two accomplishments apply.
Please elaborate if you have specifics.

(The person I'm thinking of was dead long before Gorby's rise to
power.)

~ CT
Old May 6th 04, 03:29 PM
Rusty B

On 6 May 2004 06:35:45 -0700, (Stuf4)
wrote:

I ordered the killing of many thousands of civilians, directed the

use
of weapons of mass destruction and later was awarded the Nobel

Peace
Prize.

Who am I?

(Hint: not Muslim.)

Mikhail Gorbachev.

If we were to pin down the Nobel laureate who also starred in a Pizza
Hut commercial, then Gorby would be it.

Story-
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/12/03/email/pizza/
Photo-
http://www.savannahnow.com/images/120901/full_gorby.jpg

...though I'm not sure how the other two accomplishments apply.
Please elaborate if you have specifics.

The Soviet war in Afghanistan killed tens of thousands of civilians.
It was still going on during Gorbachev's time in office, although
he ended it.

Gorbachev had control of the Soviet arsenal which includes WMD.
There were reports of limited use of chemical weapons in
Afghanistan by the Soviets.

You could also say the same thing about George C. Marshall.

Civilians on the other side in World War II were killed while he was
Chief of Staff of the Army. The Germans and Japanese started bombing
civilians
first, we just gave them some of their own medicine.

From 1941 on, he was a member of the committee that supervised the
atomic studies by American and British scientists.

He passed on orders from President Truman to use the atomic bombs
(WMD).
Those probably saved lives in the long run by avoiding the invasion of
Japan.

After the war George C. Marshall won the Nobel Peace Prize.

- Rusty Barton
Old May 6th 04, 09:12 PM
Henry Spencer

Rusty B wrote:
After the war George C. Marshall won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Not, mind you, for his actions during the war...
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |
Old May 7th 04, 01:02 AM
Stuf4

From Rusty Barton:
wrote:

[...]

(Going by this, it seems to me a stretch to say that he ordered the
killing of many thousands of civilians.)

Gorbachev had control of the Soviet arsenal which includes WMD.
There were reports of limited use of chemical weapons in
Afghanistan by the Soviets.

(If it were confirmed that WMDs were used, then I'd want to know
Gorbachev's level of involvement.)

You could also say the same thing about George C. Marshall.

I'd say much more about George Marshall.

Civilians on the other side in World War II were killed while he was
Chief of Staff of the Army. The Germans and Japanese started bombing
civilians
first, we just gave them some of their own medicine.

From 1941 on, he was a member of the committee that supervised the
atomic studies by American and British scientists.

He passed on orders from President Truman to use the atomic bombs
(WMD).
Those probably saved lives in the long run by avoiding the invasion of
Japan.

After the war George C. Marshall won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Here's his bio from the Nobel website:
http://www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/...shall-bio.html

Curiously, there's no mention about his involvement with weapons of
mass destruction (from either WWI or WWII). Assuming that the Nobel
people are aware of Marshall's background, we might conclude that they
don't want to promote the popular notion (popular in the USA at least)
that Marshall's nuclear bombs were used to save lives.

~ CT