The leap day

Old October 6th 10, 11:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default The leap day

On Oct 6, 12:05*am, oriel36 wrote:
On Oct 6, 3:24*am, palsing wrote:

There is a difference between a daylight/darkness cycle and a
rotation...

It is inevitable that you would eventually say this insofar as in the
envisioned nightmare world of Orwell where blind consensus rules and
eventually claims 2+2= 5,

It looks like that to you, but that's only because your faulty
reasoning has led you to the conclusion that 2+2=3.

John Savard
Old October 6th 10, 01:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Why would an educationally challenged, insanely pedantic, boorishly
repetitive and religiously programmed retard preach medieval, faith-
based, pseudo-science on a science-based forum?

Are his brown nosers one and the same poster? Or is there some other
explanation which completely defies present understanding?

Are we looking at a case of contagious mental illness here? Or at an
early, but highly flawed, attempt at computer-generated AI?

My vote is for Kelleher and his oily sycophants being one and the same
poster.
Old October 6th 10, 06:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 6, 4:51*pm, "Androcles" wrote:

Oh my, you ARE upset.

Why would I be upset? I'm just bored with repetitive, unoriginal,
unintelligent trolls. Kelleher: aka: "Old Reliable" wore thin after
the second post. How many times has he repeated himself now? Check his
Google groups profile. Right across a wide range of completely
unrelated forums his posts are all but identical copy and pastes of
those you see here. Each post even further off topic than any
tentative context he might once have claimed for astronomy.
Old October 6th 10, 06:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Greg Neill[_6_]

TMA wrote:
Time is an illusion. tick tock

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams

Old October 6th 10, 07:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 6, 7:58*pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:
TMA wrote:
Time is an illusion. tick tock

Time is an illusion. *Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams

Then tell him to stay off the doubles. ;-)
Old October 7th 10, 01:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John Savard[_2_]

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:57:15 -0700 (PDT), "Chris.B"
wrote, in part:

Why would I be upset?

Well, one reason I would think you must be upset is because you went to
the extreme of posting something which I know to be false. I am no man's
sock puppet, nor do I use other identities in this way.

John Savard
http://www.quadibloc.com/index.html
Old October 7th 10, 02:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_33_]

"John Savard" wrote in message
| On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:57:15 -0700 (PDT), "Chris.B"
| wrote, in part:
|
| Why would I be upset?
|
| Well, one reason I would think you must be upset is because you went to
| the extreme of posting something which I know to be false. I am no man's
| sock puppet, nor do I use other identities in this way.
|
| John Savard
| http://www.quadibloc.com/index.html

Chris B. fancies himself as a jester, which is fine as far as it goes,
but he can't take it when he is the butt of the jest. If he can't take the
heat he should stay out of the kitchen, and that goes for all contributors
to usenet.

Old October 8th 10, 06:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 7, 3:16*am, "Androcles" wrote:

Chris B. fancies himself as a jester, which is fine as far as it goes,
but he can't take it when he is the butt of the jest. If he can't take the
heat he should stay out of the kitchen, and that goes for all contributors
to usenet.

Your threats are yet another symptom of your insecurity. It seems I
hit one raw nerve too many. My last post was rejected as abuse.
Probably by an evil troll. What perfect irony! The trolls and their
obsequious fanboys are now officially in charge of the empty, echoing
asylum. Awash to its corroded gores in stinking spam. No more troll
slaying for me! I'll leave you to your fates.

C de B.

Hi-ho, Rocinante, away!

*];^{#

s.a.a. R.I.P. sniff
Old October 8th 10, 08:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_33_]

--
"Let there be given a stationary rigid rod; and let its length be L as
measured by a measuring-rod which is also stationary. We now imagine the

AND THE ANSWER IS...

xi = (x-vt)/sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2) -- Einstein.

In agreement with experience we further assume the deranged babbling
incompetent cretin couldn't answer his own inquiry, he was too stupid to
realise xi is greater than L when he wrote 'for v=c all moving
objects--viewed from the "stationary'' system--shrivel up into plane
figures', whereas the equation shows they stretch to infinity...
sqrt(1-c^2/c^2) = 0.

Old October 8th 10, 08:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

There is something so enjoyable about the intricate relationship
between the daily and annual motion as they play out against the
period stretching from Mar 1st 2008 until Feb 29th 2012 in context of
their actual and calendar formats and especially how the leap day
rotation intervenes on Feb 29th to cover the remaining 6 hours of
orbital motion that forges ahead each year on Mar 1st ,insofar as the
orbital circuit began at noon this year ends 365 1/4 days later at 6
PM,the added rotation on Feb 29th dovetails with the orbital circuit
and what would finish at the beginning of Mar 2nd 2012,by adding the
extra rotation , everything returns back to Mar 1st 2012.

Yes it is the first time it has been explained but it is not a matter
of priority as the system was put together so long ago,long before
planetary dynamics was discovered that it is really everyone's
inheritance.I am absolutely certain if reader thought through the
relationships,even from the standpoint of the leap day correction,they
would not be hostile to what our ancestors achieved and if this looks
like an appeal,it most certainly is.

I have considered that awful situation where I am the obstacle in all
this and gladly accept that these things happen,that others are better
suited to navigate a course to an atmosphere where students learn what
the leap day does in context of daily and orbital motions.