Shuttle launch tonight at 7:43 EDT

Old March 15th 09, 04:12 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Bluuuue Rajah

Default Shuttle launch tonight at 7:43 EDT

It will be brodacast at this link.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
Old March 15th 09, 05:01 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
vaughn

"Bluuuue Rajah" Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote in message
. 17.102...

It will be brodacast at this link.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Or just watch NASA-TV directly. It is included in many basic
cable/satellite TV packages. Whichever way you watch it, NASA-TV provides
the very best launch coverage.

Vaughn

Old March 15th 09, 05:12 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:01:50 GMT, "vaughn"
wrote:

Or just watch NASA-TV directly. It is included in many basic
cable/satellite TV packages.

No, it isn't. A lucky few have it, but NASA-TV was dumped by cable
companies right and left in the 90's to save a few bucks. And many
that do still carry it, only do so part-time, time-sharing with
education access.

Brian
Old March 15th 09, 05:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Vincent D. DeSimone[_2_]

It will be brodacast at this link.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Or just watch NASA-TV directly. It is included in many basic
cable/satellite TV packages. Whichever way you watch it, NASA-TV provides
the very best launch coverage.

In Pittsburgh, PA, neither Comcast, DirecTV, nor Verizon cable have it. And
I've asked...

Only The Dish has it. So I'll be watching it on my computer via space.com.

Old March 15th 09, 06:29 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Lofty Goat

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:01:50 GMT, "vaughn" wrote:
... NASA-TV.... It is included in many basic cable/satellite TV
packages.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:12:09 -0500, Brian Thorn wrote:
No, it isn't....

Anyone posting here can watch NASA TV any time at all. They stream it:
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/
Old March 15th 09, 08:53 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:29:25 -0500, Lofty Goat
wrote:

... NASA-TV.... It is included in many basic cable/satellite TV
packages.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:12:09 -0500, Brian Thorn wrote:
No, it isn't....

Anyone posting here can watch NASA TV any time at all. They stream it:
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

Uh, yes. That's what the first message in this thread said.

Brian
Old March 15th 09, 10:33 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Brian Thorn wrote:

No, it isn't. A lucky few have it, but NASA-TV was dumped by cable
companies right and left in the 90's to save a few bucks. And many
that do still carry it, only do so part-time, time-sharing with
education access.

I don't get it with my fiber-optic connection here in Jamestown, ND,
despite the fact that astronaut Rick Hieb was from Jamestown.
Surprisingly, NASA TV appears a lot more professionally done than the
Military's "Around The Services" news show.
The old NASA 1960s documentaries on the Apollo program were always a
hoot to watch due to their oddball "spacey" music, which sounded like
all astronauts were going to be on some odd combo of LSD and Quaaludes.

Pat
Old March 15th 09, 11:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Ken S. Tucker

On Mar 15, 1:33 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Brian Thorn wrote:

No, it isn't. A lucky few have it, but NASA-TV was dumped by cable
companies right and left in the 90's to save a few bucks. And many
that do still carry it, only do so part-time, time-sharing with
education access.

I don't get it with my fiber-optic connection here in Jamestown, ND,
despite the fact that astronaut Rick Hieb was from Jamestown.
Surprisingly, NASA TV appears a lot more professionally done than the
Military's "Around The Services" news show.
The old NASA 1960s documentaries on the Apollo program were always a
hoot to watch due to their oddball "spacey" music, which sounded like
all astronauts were going to be on some odd combo of LSD and Quaaludes.
Pat

LOL, yeah, we have 25 years of NASA on 10 1hr tapes,
music dorky, talk monotone, I suppose it projects cold
objective science.
Ken

PS: What should we do with the Space Shuttles when
they are retired?
Bill Gates has offered to buy them for skeet shooting.
Old March 15th 09, 11:25 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

Ken S. Tucker wrote:

PS: What should we do with the Space Shuttles when
they are retired?

Smithsonian has first dibs. All the orbiters will remain government
property "on loan" to the recipient, and the recipient must pay for the
inerting, ferry flight, and mate/demate, about $40 million per orbiter.
Old March 16th 09, 01:19 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.math,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history
Bluuuue Rajah

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

Brian Thorn wrote:

[...]

Invite rich people to pay money to put on space suits and sit in the
cockpit seats.