Goldin Era: Better or Worse Off

Old November 4th 03, 02:05 AM
Scott Hedrick

Default Goldin Era: Better or Worse Off

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

On the other hand, this system only works if the crew doesn't become so
****ed at him as to jettison him out the airlock during the flight....
but if we were to put both Dan Goldin....and George Abbey....on board-
now, that's what I call system redundancy

Just take a six-pack along. When the time comes to fill in a whole, just
suck some suds, take an EVA, unzip and proceed to fill in the whole. Used
beer should fill the hole as well as anything.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

Old November 4th 03, 03:22 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

Just take a six-pack along. When the time comes to fill in a whole, just
suck some suds, take an EVA, unzip and proceed to fill in the whole. Used
beer should fill the hole as well as anything.

Wouldn't have to worry about shaking it after you're done, either...the
vacuum well get you more completely empty than you've ever been. Say,
you don't think those Space Fireflies WERE really trying to help Glenn
with his heat shield problem?

Pat

Old November 4th 03, 11:51 AM
Julian Bordas

OM wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 04:43:40 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I don't know if that would be Kosher...did she have a cloven hoof, and
chew the cud?

...Now, now, Pat. That's Beady's department. Let him ask that one.

OM

Beady's specifically a Cow man.

Old November 7th 03, 12:35 PM
Stephen Souter

In article ,
Pat Flannery wrote:

Scott Hedrick wrote:

While the Goldin Era was hardly a Golden Age, yes, overall NASA is better
because of him. I think it says a lot about Goldin that he was hired by a
Republican and wasn't fired by the next Democratic administration, or
replaced by the following Republican chief.

A lot of stuff crashed or burned or crashed and burned during the Goldin
Years, but that's much more than was being done in the decade previous.
"Faster, Better, Cheaper" in some respects is the same as "Let's do
*something*!"

Well, we could crash stuff into Mars like nobody's business.

You must be thinking of the Russians, who have never had any real
success with Mars probes.

By contrast, only two of NASA's have crashed *into* Mars: MCO & MPL. (Of
course, MO vanished *near* Mars, but even if you did count it you can
hardly pin that one on Goldin.) By contrast, Goldin had three successful
Mars probes (and hopefully two more if the MERs arrive safely).

--
Stephen Souter

http://www.edfac.usyd.edu.au/staff/souters/