JimO seeking speaking gigs DC-area Apr 23-27

Old March 10th 04, 02:54 PM
JimO

"cache"
Call George Washington University up and let them know you'll be
there. Maybe you and Univ. of Maryland's Bob Parks can get on CNN's
Crossfire to debate the need for human exploration of space.

Got a better number with a real person's name.

Can't do CNN -- I have an exclu$ive contract with NBC for the rest of this
year.

Old March 11th 04, 05:02 PM
Michael Gallagher

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:48:36 GMT, "JimO"
wrote:

I'll be in the Washington-Baltimore area about Apr 23-27 doing some
lecturing on China's space program and 'space power theory'.

I have some time slots ..... anybody have
any suggestions of potential clients?

Spend the afternoon at the NASM (which I have been dying to get back
to since 1997) and/or its new anex at Dulles (which I have never
seen), post the pictures on the web when you get back, and make the
rest of us (well, me, anayway) jealous as all hell.

Well, that's what I'd do! Ok, not the web site part, but you get the
idea.

Old March 11th 04, 05:02 PM
Michael Gallagher

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:54:30 GMT, "JimO"
wrote:

Can't do CNN -- I have an exclu$ive contract with NBC for the rest of this
year.

Bummer, because IIRC, CNN is right next door to Union Station. Oh,
well, back to the NASM!

You could just stand on the NASM steps and shout out space policy
tracts, kinda like a bible thumper but with a different content.
Not a good idea to do that during an IMAX movie, though.

Old March 18th 04, 06:45 PM
Eric Chomko

: wrote:

:
: Can't do CNN -- I have an exclu$ive contract with NBC for the rest of this
: year.
:

: Bummer, because IIRC, CNN is right next door to Union Station. Oh,
: well, back to the NASM!

: You could just stand on the NASM steps and shout out space policy
: tracts, kinda like a bible thumper but with a different content.

NASM, like all the museums on the Mall in DC, has added security since
9-11. I think he'd be wisked away if he tried to do a soapbox act. Or, at
least told to go to the center of the Mall.

: Not a good idea to do that during an IMAX movie, though.

Quite.

Eric

: http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000 Newsgroups
: ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---