How many degrees in their orbit do the planets travel in one Earth year?

Old September 16th 15, 04:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

Default How many degrees in their orbit do the planets travel in one Earth year?

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:10:56 +0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote this crap:

I still don't know what it means. I doubt very much deities exist, so
I can't really be opposed to them. And if they do exist, I'm still not
opposed to them.

So you think we're the only beings in the universe?

I think it is unlikely.

AHA! There's the flaw in your logic. Since you believe that it
likely that there are other beings in the universe, then some of them
may not be mortal. Perhaps some of them may have visited the Earth in
ancient times?

After all, there are an infinite number of possibilities.

In a finite universe you can't have an infinity of possibilities.

Why not?

Large
numbers are no infinity.

That's correct. But I still say that there's infinite possibilities.

How many drops of water are there on Earth? It's impossible to count
them because it's always changing. Therefore it's not a finite
number.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old September 16th 15, 04:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:15:02 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote this crap:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:56:59 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

So you think we're the only beings in the universe?

I think it is unlikely.

AHA! There's the flaw in your logic. Since you believe that it
likely that there are other beings in the universe, then some of them
may not be mortal.

What is "mortal"? Do you mean with a finite lifetime? If so, then I'd
suggest that any beings, anywhere in the Universe are mortal.

What if you met "Q"? You might think he was a deity. Then who would
you think created him? Did he pop into existence at the beginning of
the universe? Did another Q create him?

Perhaps some of them may have visited the Earth in
ancient times?

Perhaps, but not likely, I think.

Agreed. Possible, but not likely. I'm sure they would show up now.
Especially now that we have cable TV.

Old September 16th 15, 04:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:13:10 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote this crap:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:38:26 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

No, it isn't. Black holes have a theoretical basis that allows us to
reasonably posit properties that we can then develop tests to detect.
What properties to any deities have that allow us to develop any
reasonable tests?

I already explained. The universe exists. Therefore it must have
been created. Look around you, all the things you see were created.
Some by God and some by man.

A simplistic, irrational, and flawed argument of poorly educated
apologists.

Nothing just pops into existence. If that were to happen there would
be no order. Just random chaos.

There is a complex structure to our universe. There was no random
event causing it to come in to existence. We have a certain order
which is ruled by science and mathematics. This universe was created
in an orderly manner. The evidence is only deniable by fools.

Old September 16th 15, 05:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:49:54 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

Nothing just pops into existence.

That does not appear to be true. Virtual particles pop in and out of
existence with no cause.

We do not know if the Universe came into existence at some point or
not. All we can reliably say is that the Universe exists. Most people
would not maintain that the set of all things that exist and the set
of all things that have been created are necessarily the same.

There is a complex structure to our universe. There was no random
event causing it to come in to existence.

What is "complex structure"? What is a "random event"? Did the
Universe "come in to existence? Your observations are very weak if you
don't fully define your terms.

We have a certain order
which is ruled by science and mathematics.

Science is a method of acquiring knowledge about nature. Mathematics
is a symbolic tool. Neither "rule" anything.

This universe was created
in an orderly manner.

Define "create" in your context. (You should read Dennett, who
discusses how people attempt to attribute natural phenomena to willful
agency- they tend to see the sun rise and ask who made it happen.)
Old September 16th 15, 05:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 6:16:16 PM UTC-7, Lord Vath wrote:

How about if I say the square root of -1 doesn't exist?

Gottcha again! This is too easy.

You call that a logical response? As mentioned before, the square root of -1 is DEFINED as being i, and the entire mathematical community knows and understands this. You supposedly having a degree in math, and claiming that the square root of -1 doesn't exist is the same as saying that i doesn't exist, and makes you look pretty uneducated... or just plain stupid.
Old September 16th 15, 05:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:42:24 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

What if you met "Q"? You might think he was a deity. Then who would
you think created him? Did he pop into existence at the beginning of
the universe? Did another Q create him?

Why would I not think that Q's species had evolved naturally, like any
other?

I would think Q a deity if his powers operated outside the natural
laws of the Universe. Simply manipulating natural law to achieve
impressive results is not something associated with deities.
Old September 16th 15, 05:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 5:06:09 PM UTC+1, Chris L Peterson wrote:

Define "create" in your context. (You should read Dennett, who
discusses how people attempt to attribute natural phenomena to willful
agency- they tend to see the sun rise and ask who made it happen.)

You are the people who simply can't accept the Sun rising each 24 hours due to a single rotation and extend this on to the number of rotations within 4 orbital circuits which keep in tandem with 24 hour days -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

This is total destruction of Western astronomy because it is an offspring of choices that are simply not there. Even I have to reluctantly recognize it as an unfortunate condition in the same way as any disease but unfortunately it is an attack on common sense.

Old September 16th 15, 05:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Then God didn't just pop into existence.
Old September 16th 15, 05:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:26:37 AM UTC-7, Lord Vath wrote:

Some numbers just can't be calculated.

Why don't you try calculating the square root of i?

Here you go...

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/vi...=mathmidexppap
Old September 16th 15, 05:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:26:35 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:
Some numbers just can't be calculated.

Why don't you try calculating the square root of i?

Easy, that is: +-(1+i)/sqrt(2)

As homework, compute ((1+i)/sqrt(2))^2 and verify that the result
becomes i .

Only people not very knowledgeable in mathematics don't know this.