ASTRO: Deep M27 in Halpha

Old July 6th 07, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Deep M27 in Halpha

the seeing and clear skies have been great this past couple of nights.

Last night didn't stay clear all night but was pretty good until a bit after
midnight. So instead of a planned 5-6 hours of Halpha I ended up with 2H20M.

That was enough to go pretty deeply though: I managed to get a bit of the
outer halo

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m27...s4_ha_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m27_mk1sn2_dm_cs4_ha_7x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1014
Old July 7th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
. net...
the seeing and clear skies have been great this past couple of nights.

Last night didn't stay clear all night but was pretty good until a bit
after midnight. So instead of a planned 5-6 hours of Halpha I ended up
with 2H20M.

That was enough to go pretty deeply though: I managed to get a bit of the
outer halo

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m27...s4_ha_page.htm

Wow,the resolution on that one is close to that of some images of M27 I've
seen from much larger scopes. Way to go, Richard. Are you planing to do
this one in color? (hint)

George

Old July 7th 07, 08:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

That shows the outer regions very nice Richard, good shot!
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears