ASTRO: Holmes in Halpha

Old October 25th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Holmes in Halpha

it's the filter I had handy :-)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/com...olmes_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19_holmes_halpha.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1362
Old October 25th 07, 06:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
it's the filter I had handy :-)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/com...olmes_page.htm

I got thinking later (after the clouds rolled in) that I should have
done that for the lum image. But at the time I didn't know it was
mostly dust we were seeing not gas. That's usually so far out of the Ha
passband to be invisible.

I leave for a few days starting tomorrow so can't follow it but then the
clouds are to be back so it doesn't much matter.

Rick

Old October 28th 07, 10:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard, with your Halpha shots you'll probably be the first to discover a
HII region in a comet ;-)

Stefan