Unistar "Lighter"!

Old July 15th 03, 01:42 PM
Oldfield So

Default Unistar "Lighter"!

Dear all,

I had been searching for a light weight mount for my C8 for long!!!!

Here I got it finally, it's a customized version of Unistar Light from
Universal Astronomics! It weights less than 2lb but yet, it can handle my C8
very well. I just tested, at 286x, vibration damps out within 2 seconds! And
it pans very smoothly!

It will be my deep sky hunting tool!!!! Super light weight!!!

Where can you find a 8" at under 20lb?! woo~~ I can go deep sky hunting even
after a whole day work! I can bring it to office and I can bring it to
hiking!!! No problem!

Thanks Larry, and thanks to all who didn't frustrate me to say it's
impossible!

Oldfield

Old July 17th 03, 12:23 PM
Chris Nicholl

Dear all,

I had been searching for a light weight mount for my C8 for long!!!!

Here I got it finally, it's a customized version of Unistar Light from
Universal Astronomics! It weights less than 2lb but yet, it can handle my C8
very well. I just tested, at 286x, vibration damps out within 2 seconds! And
it pans very smoothly!

It will be my deep sky hunting tool!!!! Super light weight!!!

Where can you find a 8" at under 20lb?! woo~~ I can go deep sky hunting even
after a whole day work! I can bring it to office and I can bring it to
hiking!!! No problem!

Thanks Larry, and thanks to all who didn't frustrate me to say it's
impossible!

Oldfield

Good to hear, Oldfield. I have the Unistar Light for my AT1010 and
like it a great deal.

What tripod are you using for your Unistar "Lighter" and C8?

Chris Nicholl

Old July 17th 03, 09:46 PM
Mark Ensley

"Oldfield So" wrote in message ...
Dear all,

I had been searching for a light weight mount for my C8 for long!!!!

Here I got it finally, it's a customized version of Unistar Light from
Universal Astronomics!

What's customized about it?

I've been looking into this for my C8 and am glad to see it works well for you.

Could you describe everything in more detail?

What kind of tripod are you using, etc?

Thanks!

-Mark Ensley
Old July 19th 03, 01:41 PM
Oldfield So

What's customized about it?

The most important change is the shorter arm.

I've been looking into this for my C8 and am glad to see it works well for

you.
Could you describe everything in more detail?

I highly recommend it as a second mount for a C8, it's a low to medium power
portable visual mount for the C8, but you got to have another stronger arm
fully use the power of the C8.