"Deep Impact" predictions

Old July 3rd 05, 05:11 PM
Tom Van Flandern

Default "Deep Impact" predictions

The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid. See http://metaresearch.org/solar%20syst...DeepImpact.asp
for background and details.

The Dirty Snowball model itself makes no specific prediction
(although individual advocates are betting on various possible
outcomes), but instead has an accommodation ready for whatever is found.
In science, this is known as "shooting an arrow into a target, then
painting a bull's eye around the arrow" [P. Lipton, Science 307:219
(2005)].

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

Tom Van Flandern - Washington, DC - see our web site on replacement
astronomy research at http://metaresearch.org

Old July 3rd 05, 06:08 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Tom Van Flandern
writes
The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid. See http://metaresearch.org/solar%20syst...DeepImpact.asp
for background and details.

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

Am I being unkind when I mention the NEAR Challenge?
http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20...NEARChallengeB
ackground.asp
http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/ccc/cc020202.html
I'm a romantic and read "Space Cadet" at an early age, "Sight of
Proteus" ("Loge") a lot later - to name just two stories that use the
idea - but that doesn't seem to be the way it works.
Old July 3rd 05, 07:39 PM
Art Deco

Tom Van Flandern wrote:

The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid. See http://metaresearch.org/solar%20syst...DeepImpact.asp
for background and details.

The Dirty Snowball model itself makes no specific prediction
(although individual advocates are betting on various possible
outcomes), but instead has an accommodation ready for whatever is found.
In science, this is known as "shooting an arrow into a target, then
painting a bull's eye around the arrow" [P. Lipton, Science 307:219
(2005)].

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

What do your hyperdelusional physics models predict?

Tom Van Flandern - Washington, DC - see our web site on replacement
astronomy research at http://metaresearch.org

Lovely kooksite.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

"It's less a process of "convertion" it's about the reality of matter and
energy (all 8 [!] kinds of matter) ... and yes, that's how "they do it".
We {aliens} call it phase-tuning or simply phase-ing.
And no, you will have to find it out all by yourself. And yes, we
{aliens} will make sure your technical advancement will no longer be
faster than your spiritual one ... we'd rather let you perish on this
planet. That's a promise, you monkey-fu*kers.
HTH.
C."
-- Charles D. "Chuckweasel" Bohne's award-winning alien technology

"That's what you expect from people who think that the
cyberworld isn't "RL"."
-- Dr. David Tholen, Psychic Astrologer
Old July 3rd 05, 08:36 PM

Tom Van Flandern writes:

The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid.

Solid rocky asteroids do not produce comae and tails, Van Flandern.
That simple visual distinction between comets and asteroids has been
around for decades. You are aware of the June 14 outburst, are you
not? Rocky asteroids don't have those.

The Dirty Snowball model itself makes no specific prediction
(although individual advocates are betting on various possible
outcomes), but instead has an accommodation ready for whatever is found.
In science, this is known as "shooting an arrow into a target, then
painting a bull's eye around the arrow"

Sort of like the EPH predicting satellites of all sizes around Eros,
finding none, and then painting the EPH around the boulders found on
the surface. Ostensibly due to the unstable nature of some of the
orbits around an oddly shaped body. Except that the odd shape had
been known for decades, and the instability of some of the orbits
almost as long. Did the EPH predict nothing in the stable orbits?

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

Assuming the experiment succeeds. Consider the possibility that the
autonavigation system is taken out by a large particle hit at too
great a distance for a purely ballistic trajectory to guarantee an
impact.

Old July 3rd 05, 08:44 PM
Prai Jei

Tom Van Flandern (or somebody else of the same name) wrote thusly in message
:

Within a few days, after the dust settles,

Surely most of the dust will be ejected at speeds greater than the comet's
escape velocity. It ain't gonna settle
--
A couple of questions. How do I stop the wires short-circuiting, and what's
this nylon washer for?

Interchange the alphabetic letter groups to reply
Old July 3rd 05, 10:53 PM
~..~ Veszpertin ~..~

I find the link (about Mars artificial structures)
facinating.

http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20...ssconf_nyc.asp

Having been to Mars several times I can varify that many of the images
that are detailed on
that site are completely what are claimed.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:58 PM
Art Deco

~..~ Veszpertin ~..~ wrote:

I find the link (about Mars artificial structures)
facinating.

http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20...ssconf_nyc.asp

Having been to Mars several times I can varify that many of the images
that are detailed on
that site are completely what are claimed.

Excellent research sir!

Old July 4th 05, 01:52 AM
=The Commentator=

Art Deco wrote:

Tom Van Flandern wrote:

[...]

Hyperdelusional models predict whatever is found. Of course they only
predict after the fact....

Old July 4th 05, 07:07 PM

Jonathan Silverlight writes:

Assuming the experiment succeeds. Consider the possibility that the
autonavigation system is taken out by a large particle hit at too
great a distance for a purely ballistic trajectory to guarantee an
impact.

I'm delighted to see you were wrong here :-)

There is nothing wrong about considering the possibility. The mission
did so.